Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two

__________________

"Alex!" I waved him over, his eyes were wild before they settled on mine. He quickly made his way over, sitting next to me on the same side of the table.

"Luc." His voice was relieved. "I've been looking for you, you never came back with the drinks. You okay?"

"Yeah." I forced a smile.

"No your not." He sighed, "I need to tell you something." He trailed off. I waited patiently for him to speak while I twirled my thumbs on the table. My eyes were already building with tears before he spoke.

"Sydney kiss me." He rushed, "She just jumped on me, it took me by surprise and I didn't push her off as fast as I should have. I'm so, so, so sorry." He took my hands and I looked up at him with tear filled eyes. "Lucy." He cooed, his voice breaking, "The last thing I want to do is hurt you, I don't want to be like my brother. I just want you to trust me."

Searching his eyes I could tell that he was sincere, they even looked a bit watery. "It's okay Alex." I whispered. "We're not dating. You can kiss whoever you want-."

His lips hushed mine as he pulled me closer to him. I felt my heart flutter, I'm such a love sick puppy. It's pathetic.

"I only want to kiss you, Luc. Promise."

I looked away and bit my lip, "You don't care that I'm a goody-goody? That I never break the rules?" I looked over at Alex's confused expression and continued without his answer, "I'm not going to give you things other girls will. I'm not experienced enough."

He was silent for a long minute, "I like that you're a good girl. I like that you don't break the rules, which you have by the way."

I cocked my eyebrow in confusion and he laughed. "You've drank under age, Lucy. You can't say you've never broke the rules when you've got that under your belt. I like that you're not like everyone else, I like that you're not experienced. And as far as you can't give me things other girls will, is utter bullshit."

"You give me lots of things no other girl has ever given me." He whispered, leaning closer he grabbed one of my hands and placed it on his chest. "My heart only races when I see you, every day without fail." He brushed my hair from my face and looked into my eyes, "You've been the only one to give me..butterflies.. All the time." His voice got quieter, "Please, please believe me when I say I've never wanted anyone as badly as I want you."

"Alex?" I whispered and he groaned causing me to giggle to which his eyes crinkled as his lips pulled into a grin.

"Yeah baby?"

I blushed, "I'm sorry."

"What do you mean?" His eyes were guarded, just like yesterday and the grin seemed to vanish.

"I'm sorry I keep questioning you and everything." I sighed, "I have trust issues but I shouldn't, not with you."

"It's okay, it's going to be hard. Just ask me anything and I promise I won't get mad." He pinched my cheek, I laughed and swatted his hand away.

We got the drinks I was supposed to have gotten the first time before this whole mess started and then made our way back to towel that only held Tessa.

"Tess." Alex growled as we sat next to her.

"Did you find-." She trailed off and then squealed, "Lucy!"