Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One

____________________

The hallway was quiet as I made my way back to the room. It seemed like I was walking in slow motion as the tears fell down my cheeks. I didn't want to go in there. I didn't want to face any of them. That's why I stayed out so late, walking around the city.

It was nearly one in the morning now and I could hear the laughter from inside. Looks like they were still up.

I wiped under my eyes and forced my lips into a grin. I could easily pass off as being happy, as long as they didn't look too closely.

"Shh.." Sydney giggled, "This is my favorite part."

When I walked in everyone looked at me in the dimly lit room. The screen showed some scary movie with Justin and Harry on my bed and Sydney and Alex on the other.

I couldn't meet Alex eyes even though I knew he was staring at me. I gave a small smile as Justin and Harry made room between them so I could lay down.

"You can Cuddle with me if you want." Justin whispered.

I laughed, the sound was a forced one as it hit my ears. "Thanks." I muttered weakly.

Turning in the sheets for the millionth time I sighed, I was too warm. Justin and Harry had fallen asleep around me, with Justin's arms wrapped around my body.

Carefully I shimmed out of his grasp and slid off the bed only to come to see a sleeping Alex with Sydney all the way across the bed. Well at least I know that he wasn't cuddling with her.

The clock on the side table told me that it was 5.50 and I could get ready for the long day ahead.

"Hey." Alex spoke when I'd finished in the bathroom. He was leaning against the opposite wall, waiting for me. "Wanna walk?"

Sighing, I made my way across the room. I knew that I needed to do this, we needed to talk so I could figure out what Andy said. "Sure." I told him as I dropped my bag off and made my way back past him.

It wasn't until we were on the beach a few ways that he broke the silence. "Are you mad at me?" His voice was guarded.

"No." I said quickly and shook my head, "Maybe, I don't know."

"You know I don't like Sydney." He sighed, pulling me to a stop and stepping in front of me so we were face to face. "I thought I made it clear, I like you Lucy."

I felt my cheeks tinted red as I looked out into the ocean. I gathered the little courage I could and faced him again. "Andy came to see me yesterday."

Alex's smile dropped instantly and I felt bad. I shouldn't have believed Andy, when had he ever spoken the truth?

"You're getting back together with him?" He snorted and shook his head looking away from me.

"Never." I whispered.

"Then why did you bring him up?"

"Because, he got me all confused." I trailed off, my eyes watching the waves crash onto the shore.

"About?" His voice was rough.

"We don't know each other." I spoke quietly, my voice barely above a whisper. "Do you..only like me because you want to take me from your brother? To hurt him?"