Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

__________________

I was still with Tommy as the sun began to set and we were laughing at basically nothing and everything. Tommy felt like my best friend, someone who I could be myself with but didn't need to worry about anything happening because he loved someone else.

"No fair." I smirked. As took one of the last strawberries without even playing me for it. "We didn't even finish the game."

"Too bad." He smirked as he swallowed his food. I groaned in annoyance but took the last two quickly in my hand and popped them in my mouth. His face turned to one of disbelief and I was the one smirking now. "You didn't.."

I only nodded and jumped to my feet as I started running towards the hotel forget the towel, he was going to kill me. Probably not but still.

He easily caught up to me and pushed me into the sand covered ground. "Ugh, get off. You're killing me." I laughed as I struggled underneath him.

"You ate the last of the strawberries, you deserve it."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I giggled shoving him again.

"Ahem." A cough made us look up, "What's going on here?" He smirked.

"Uh, we're just hanging out." Tommy told Jeff off hand but helped me to my feet.

"You should call my sister, she's worried since you won't return her calls." He looked me over before he glared slightly.

Tommy had his phone in his hands in an instant, "I didn't get anything." He muttered in confusion before he had the phone to his ear, turning away from the both of us.

"So you and Tommy are like, a thing?"

"No." I told him quickly, I didn't want him to tell his sister about us. It'd ruin Tommy. "I have someone I love very much already." I told him. I could have said boyfriend but that didn't seem to be enough.

"Good." Jeff nodded and then sighed as he looked to his friend who was smiling like an idiot as he spoke to Casey. "I wanted him to go out with other girls so he wouldn't hurt her, but I think that she'd be hurt worse if he got with someone else."

"Tommy really loves her, he won't hurt her." I spoke softly.

He looked at me in shock and then nodded, "I know." he muttered, turning around he left. I walked back to the towels and folded them neatly before I made my way back to Tommy. I handed him his towel and he mouth thank you as he listened to Casey. I gave him a wave and walked back to the room.

Opening the door I heard a moaning sound and I instantly regretted my decision to come back to the room. I dropped the towel on the floor and quickly looked away from the scene in front of me. Sydney was straddling a guy on the bed as they were in a heated makeout.

I went quickly into the adjoining room and closed the door. I didn't need to stay and watch, I didn't need to be scarred for life. I heard the door to the other room, the room with Sydney and friend, and I gasped.

"Alex!" She shouted. Was her 'friend' Alex? My heart ached. I walked out of the door into the hallway which is where I entered the room again, like it was the first time.

Alex was standing in the room, looking angry but also a little relieved. Sydney wasn't on the bed anymore and her friend was zipping up his pants. They all noticed me walk in and I saw Alex visibly relax. I mean he still looked angry but he was a lot less tense.