Chapter Six

Chapter Six

______________

The ringing next to me was constant and I groaned, rolling over. An arm across my waist tightened and I was pulled to a chest. Someone's head rested on my shoulder as they pressed their face into my neck. A shiver went down my spine and I felt the person smile.

"Lucy, if you don't answer that phone.." Alex's voice tickled my skin and I jumped away from him.

"Jesus, Alex." I gasped, "What were you doing?" I asked, clutching my shirt as I tried to calm my racing heart. He made me feel things I've never felt before. And it was only for like a minute at most.

My face flushed as he sleepily smirked, roughing up his bed head hair. Oh my God, I honestly didn't think he could get anymore attractive but looking at him right now...

"You're drooling Jacobs." He laughed as he reached for his shirt stopping me mid thought.

What is he doing?! I asked myself as he lifted his shirt over his head. He was now shirtless as he stood from the bed and all I could do was stare. Alex, looked at me over his shoulder, his eyes shining while the smirk was still in place.

"The phone Luc."

The ringing that I'd tuned out started again and I shook my head. Answering the call I didn't even look at the Id before I spoke.

"Hello?" I asked unsure.

"Hey, babe." Andy's familiar voice greeted me, "How's the road?"

"Um. Hey." I laughed breathlessly as the guilt consumed me. "It's good. Everything is great! I miss you though!"

Andy laughed, "I know Lucy, I miss you too."

"So you win at poker?" I asked to keep the conversation going.

"Poker?" He questioned and then cleared his throat, "Right, yeah, no of course I won. I'm the king of poker babe."

"The King?" I snorted, "I'm sure Al-, someone could beat you." I covered. Alex was amazing at poker and I almost brought up the past, something Andy hated.

I picked up my bag that laid at the end of the bed while still holding the phone up to my ear as I tried to hold a conversation with Andy. I threw a glance in Alex's direction before I shut the door to the bathroom.

"So you're having a fun time?" Andy asked after a moment of silence. "My brother being nice to you?"

I smiled, blushing as I looked into the mirror. My hair was a mess and the bruise looked nasty. I'm a mess. "Yeah." I sighed turning away, I looked this way in front of Alex? "He's surprisingly nice."

"Really?" He seemed surprised.

"Yeah, I mean as nice as he's capable of." I laughed, taking out my clothes from my bag.

"Hey, Luc." Andy's voice was distracted, "I have to go, I'll call you later."

"What? But we just started talking." I pouted, a feeling of disappointment entered my body.

"Yeah, I know but something just came up. I'm sorry baby." He told me before he hung up. I stared at the phone and I felt tears come to my eyes, he blew me off... again. I quickly dressed and tried to compose myself before I left the room but I began to hyperventilate as the walls seemed to close in on me. I couldn't be seen like this. I couldn't face Alex.

But I needed air. After a minute I seemed to calm down enough that I left the bathroom, I didn't see Alex and I sighed as I left the room, my bag in tow. Dropping my bag in the back of the van I started down the sidewalk. The fresh air calmed me and I realized that I'd slightly over reacted. I mean we were miles apart, I couldn't expect him to call me every second.