Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

_________________

I woke up alone and in confusion I reached out in the sheets. Searching for the warmth that Alex gave off but I realized he wasn't with me and I opened my eyes reluctantly to see that the room was in fact empty. I heard the shower and smiled, he was in the bathroom.

Slipping out of the bed I quickly changed before anyone could walk in on me and sighed when the water shut off.

Shortly the door opened and I gasped. Alex only had a towel wrapped around his hips as he walked out, he looked amazing with no shirt on. He smirked when he caught my eye and I blushed looking away. He totally caught me checking him out, how embarrassing.

He walked into the other room as I grabbed my sketchbook and a towel. Alex came out a minute later, dressed in shorts and a tank top. He looked so hot right now, I'm probably going to explode.

"I'm going to hang out on the beach, wanna come?" I asked, trying not to stare at his muscley arms.

"I've got nothing better to do." He sighed but put his hand on the small of my back as we walked out. My face was permanently going to be red at this rate.

The beach was less busy than I thought, in fact there were only handful of people. "Where is everyone?" I laughed as Alex took the towel from my hands and spread it out for us.

"Sydney said something about a band playing further down." He gestured to the other side of the beach.

I nodded, "You didn't want to go?" I asked quickly flipping to an empty page, I hope he didn't see any of the drawings I've done. He'd think I'm a creep for sure.

"Not with them, no." He shook his head as he watch the waves crash onto the shore.

We sat in silence for a while as I drew the ocean skyline. It was good if I do say so myself. "Thanks again, for yesterday." I added when he looked confused.

"It's fine." He shrugged, "I should have killed him."

"Alex!" I scolded my lips twitching in amusement but I shrugged as I shaded the waves on the page and continued, "Either way, I didn't want my first time to be rape."

"Wait. What?" He sat up straight and I felt my cheeks tinting in red again. "You've never.. Not even with Andy?" I shook my head but didn't speak. "You were together for nearly two years, how did he not manage that?"

I looked over at him, he had a new emotion in his eyes that I couldn't place. "He tried, many times but I didn't want my first time to be with him." Even in the beginning of our relationship I was still in love with Alex, I thought it would go away but it never did. So I couldn't sleep with Andy until I was over Alex, which wasn't going to happening anytime soon.

"I like that you respect yourself enough to know that he wasn't worth it." Alex smiled, playfully hitting my shoulder with his own. I had to try hard to fight the smile that was making its way across my lips, I liked that he was happy with me.

"Can we talk about something else." I laughed, tucking my hair behind my ear before I shyly looked over at him.

He seemed more relaxed now than he had the entire time I knew him. "Fine." He agreed, "Can I see your sketch?"

"Sure." I grinned and showed him the nearly finished picture.

"Damn, I knew you were good but I didn't know you were that good." He smirked, "We've only been here for twenty minutes."