Chapter Twenty-Three

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT AFTERWARDS! ITS IN THE WATTY AWARDS!! 

Chapter Twenty-Three

Ava’s POV

   I didn’t know what to wear to the restaurant so I decided on wearing some dark, skinny jeans and a silky, dark green cami that had a faint flower design covering the front. I then threw on my leather jacket and my three-inch heels (with some flats in my bag, just in case).

   My knees were bobbing up and down from nervousness. I had never met his dad before – or been to a posh restaurant with Chace before. Hell, I never went to one with Josh. Josh’s idea of ‘fancy’ was going to KFC instead of McDonalds, hardly stellar.

   I mean, when I first came back we went to a meal, Chace’s family and mine, but I had everyone to talk to, now I would only have Chace. Christ, what if it became awkward and I’d just be sat there not speaking to anyone? Now that’d be a disaster…and it was making me even more worried now. Great one Ava!

   A car beep sounded outside, so I jumped up to the window immediately, making sure it wasn’t just some taxi and when I saw Chace getting out of the car, I felt my heartbeat increase from the nervousness and went to the door – opening it just as he went to knock on the door, his fist raised. I smirked as I looked at his surprised face.

   “Bit eager?” He laughed once he quickly recovered and the smirk dropped off my face as I scowled at him.

      “You’re funny.” I said sarcastically. “I’ll see you later!” I shouted into the house and my mum and dad said goodbye and be careful straight after, so I shut the front door and made my way down the stone steps that lead up to the house, being careful because the steps were soaking wet through after the brief downpour we experienced about an hour ago and the last thing I wanted was to go slipping on my ass in front of him and his dad.

   “What restaurant are we going to then?”

      “Nino’s,” He replied with a shrug of his shoulders and I couldn’t stop the smile from lighting up my face. I loved Nino’s! It had the best pizza known to man.

   “That’s my favourite!” I cried happily.

      “Really?” He looked at me shocked as we stood outside the car door.

      “Yeah, now open the door it’s not warm out here.” I told him and he let out a laugh as he opened the car door for me before running round the other side and getting in the back with me.

   Always the gentleman.

      As soon as we both sat down and put our seatbelts on, the awkwardness of everything settled in slowly. His dad gave me a smile through the mirror and I returned it. The front car seat was empty. “Where’s his girlfriend?” I mouthed to Chace as the car was set into motion.

   He shrugged his shoulders in response, so I faced forward, not knowing what to say. Whenever I had met up with Chace, there was always something to do but now we had twenty minutes of nothing. His dad hadn’t put the radio on and I didn’t dare ask him so all you could hear were the other cars as they went down in the other direction.

   “So, do you like Italian?” His father asked me.

      “Yeah, Nino’s is my favourite actually,” I responded with a polite smile. From what I knew, this was the man that walked out on his family a few years back and left them to fend for themselves. Sure he gave the kids a bit of money whenever he saw them – which was rare – but that was it.