Chapter Five

A/N: Look out for the POV change halfway through! :D

        Picture of Lily on the side! 

Chapter Five 

Josh's POV

   Once I dropped her off, I couldn't help the smile on my face, she was going to come with me. The stupid girl was actually going to come, you could see it in her poor eyes. Someone she had only been seeing for three weeks and she was going to leave her family and friends behind to come with me. She really was a fool. 

   Did she really think that I loved her? I was twenty years old, not some teenage brat. The only reason as to why I was dating her was because her dad was a doctor, which meant she had money and plenty of it, so she wouldn't miss it. 

   Besides, I was her boyfriend, so I'm sure she'll understand.

    Once I got home, I opened the door to see Mike and Tony sat in my living room, a smug look on their faces. I gulped before closing the door behind me and gave them both a tense smile each. I so did not want this right now. I was too happy. 

   "Do you see what I see Mike?" Tony spoke up, like I wasn't in the room.

      Mike nodded. "I think I do boss." He replied just as ignorant. 

      "Well do you know why he's still stood there? Because I don't. I mean, I thought I made it clear what I wanted the first time round." He told him before looking at me, his brown eyes just as menacing as I remembered. Well it's not that I remembered, because I couldn't forget really. "Josh, do you know why?" He asked me directly. 

  I dropped my car keys onto the table that was beside the door before answering. "I told you, I'll have it on Saturday, plus interest. Just please, please, wait till Saturday." I begged and Tony and Mike both faced each other like they were talking with their eyes. It was like they were deciding whether I lived or not while I was stood watching them and it made me feel even more nervous. My palms were sweating and I had a sudden urge to run, but I knew I wouldn't even make it out of the apartment block before I was pulled into some random closet and have my throat slit.

   They both stood up, Mike stepping forward first. He grabbed hold of me and gave me to swift punches to the stomach, causing me to drop to my knees in agony. They knew I had just had my appendix out, so the pain was doubled. I felt crying out, but I knew they would punch and even kick me further. 

   Just as fast as the punches, a burning sensation came from my scalp as Tony held my head up via my hair. "Just see that as a warning Joshua because if I don't get my five grand by Saturday, I'm going to kill both you and your new little girlfriend. Ava is it?" He threatened before letting go of my hair and kicking me in the face resulting me in falling onto my back in unbearable pain. 

 Ava's POV

   It was Thursday night and I knew this was my last night with my family. I was going to go with Josh, I had to. I was in love with him and I couldn't even imagine living without him. He has his disadvantages, but who hasn't? He makes me happy and that's all I care about.

   We had been talking about it since Tuesday and we were all set for tomorrow. We were driving down to Hastings and then getting a boat over the English Channel to France. We had our passports and the money, I had packed a small suitcase that included a family photo, some clothes and shoes and my hair straighteners. 

   I know it's horrible to think this because I love my mum so much, but I am kind of glad that she had a bad childhood as it's due to that, that she opened up three bank accounts for me, Ethan and Noah to use when we were older. She wanted us to have some money to use when we were eighteen, whether it was for university or to spend on the lash, as she didn't want us worrying about money as soon as we reached adulthood, so she put all the money she got from the family allowance into our bank accounts. But yesterday, I convinced her to let me have the money now. I said that I wanted to use it to go on some trip with school and after she found out that there was a trip to Austria in history coming up, she agreed to it. 

   I looked at the time on the clock and it read half eight at night, so I stood up and said goodnight before going to my room. 

      I went on facebook and chatted to Lily for a little bit, and lying to my best friend was horrible so at nine o'clock I said I was going to bed so I didn't have to lie to her anymore. 

      I looked around my room and sighed, but just as I was about to get into my pyjamas, my mum knocked on the door and came in. "Hey." 

      "Hi." I replied as she sat at the end of my bed. 

      "Are you okay?" She asked and I froze for a few seconds, thinking she had found out and was going to stop me, but I shook it off, she couldn't know. Seizing an opportunity, I asked her a question, one that had been on my mind since Monday morning. "Mum, what was it like growing up without a mum?"

   She smiled before coming to sit at the top of my bed with me. "Do you want the truth or lie?" She laughed and when she saw my serious face, she carried on. "I didn't like it. I felt abandoned, like it was my fault. With me being the youngest, I thought for years that she didn't like me and that's why she ran away. I know now it wasn't the case, but when I was younger I felt awful. But although I felt abandoned, I never felt lonely. I had six siblings, with the exception of Henry when I became a teenager, that I loved and knew were there for me no matter what and surprisingly, in my younger teenage years, before I met your dad, it was always your Aunt Chloe who I was closest with. We used to be as close as what you and Lily are." She told me and I was shocked. 

   "Aunt Chloe?" I asked surprised and she nodded her head. Another question popped up. "What do you mean when you said that she was there for you?" 

      Her eyes widened a little like she had been caught out before she sighed, looking like she was thinking something over. "When I was thirteen," she started and I urged her to carry on by waving my hand. "When I was thirteen I had an abortion." She admitted in a whisper and it was my turn for my eyes to widen. I didn't know what to say, in fact, what do you say to that? Before this week, I always thought my mum was a goody-goody two shoes like Noah who never stepped out of line and now I know that I have an Uncle Henry that I didn't even know of, she was kicked out of two high schools before meeting my dad and now that she had an abortion! And she thinks I'm a terror. Christ, I have nothing on her. 

   "Wait, you were thirteen? But I thought you were in year ten when you met dad?" I questioned. 

      "It wasn't his obviously." She laughed a little. 

      "Then who's was it?" I asked the obvious and again she looked like she had been caught in the headlights before speaking again.

      "That doesn't matter." She waved off and I frowned.

      "Please tell me." I begged. "You have me curious now." I explained with a grin.

      "It was a guy called Tom Hughes." She told me and I knew she was holding something back, but I couldn't be bothered to argue over it. I was running away tomorrow with my boyfriend. I wanted my last memories of my mum to be happy ones.

   "You were so badass as a teenager." I laughed and she smiled as well. 

      "Tell me about it. Do you see why I want you to have the best start in life?" She asked seriously and I nodded my head.

      "You couldn't have given me a better start off mum. You're the best mum ever. You're always there for me when I need you, you don't need to worry anymore." I reassured her and after I spoke, a few tears escaped her eyes, just like they did mine, so I gave her a hug and again, I nearly told her everything.

   But I didn't because I needed to do this. 

      For my heart and for more importantly, Josh.

Hey! (:

So she's running away, she seems set on it at the moment! And Leigh-Anne's told her more about her past(:

Please vote and comment again! 

Jemma .x.