Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen
Unedited

The woman smiled and made her way down to embrace Tristan.

"Liam!" She exclaimed, I turned to see him sauntering up, carrying all my bags. He almost dropped them as she embraced him. I smiled for a second before letting the announcement sink in. My mouth opened and I slowly turned to look at Liam and Tristan.

"Wait, you two are the Alpha's sons?" I asked.

"Yeah." Tristan rubbed the back of his neck, Liam moved behind his brother, smiling at me from over his shoulder.

"As in, the sons, of the Alpha?" I pointed at both of them, still not quite understanding.

"I don't understand where this is going-" Liam started and I realised that the Alpha and Luna were looking at me.

"And you never told me because..." Tristan shrugged and looked at Liam

"It never came up." Liam started laughing.

"It never came up!? This is rather crucial information, aren't I supposed to be, like, bowing or something?" I started panicking and nearly missed the tinkling laugh that came from behind me. I turned to see the Luna covering her mouth with her hand.

"Bowing, is a bit far, usually a downcast gaze is respectable enough." The Alpha smiled and put his arm around his wife. "Now," he turned his attention to his sons and raised an eyebrow, "usually we are given time to prepare a pack initiation, but it seems that with the blue moon still up, tonight would be the optimum time to go through with it. We can't have a rogue wolf in the Pack Grounds for too long, people will get worried."

I frowned and looked at Tristan to see him straighten and nod at his father, "I will make the necessary arrangements, Father." He turned on his heel into the house, Liam turned to his father.

"I guess I'll go put Adira's things in her room." He said smiling at me. I regarded the Luna and Alpha with a small smile, feeling very out of place.

"Well, I think we should give you your own room shouldn't we. You can live on the third floor with our family, there isn't really any room on the other floors." The Luna said as she turned and walked into the Pack House.

It was stunning, the door led directly into a very large lounge area with a fire place and a TV. Through an arched doorway I saw a part of the kitchen, but hurried to catch up to the Luna who was already halfway up the grand, dark wood stairs.

"We keep all the wolves between 14 and 20 here. It's easier to wake them all up for training, and get them out to school. There's an option to go back to their family homes when they're 18, but most stay here as they like the community feel." The Luna explained. I nodded as we finally got to the top of the house.

The hallway revealed six wooden doors. The Luna walked up and opened the closest one to the stairs.

The room was decorated very much like mine back home, except all the furniture was dark wood instead of light. I smiled at her and bowed my head.

"Thank you Luna, you don't understand how grateful I am." She laughed at me, and I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Please, the formalities kill me, call me Katherine." I looked up to see her smiling kindly at me. I felt the burn of tears behind my eyes at the overtly motherly gesture but blinked rapidly to get them away and smiled back.

"I have the bags!" Liam said as he had somehow managed to bring them all up the stairs. I instantly ran to help him. "You having a chat with mom? She catching you up on everything you don't know?" I frowned at him and stuck my tongue out.