"Sophia!" Mac yelled, hands on my arms, holding me down. Sweat dribbled down the side of my face and down my neck. I was drenched. Still in shock, I flung myself away. Rolling on to my side and then my back I scooted to the far corner. Everything eventually came into focus. The wooden cottage surrounded me in all its dilapidated glory. The fire had dwindled down to almost nothing, the smell of smoke and burnt wood filled the air.

It was morning and a bright one with sun and clear blue skies. I stared at the gaping hole in the ceiling and sighed with relief.

"That was some dream you had there." Mac blinked "Are you alright?"

I nodded, still in shock. I automatically touched the side of my head. Nothing. No pain, no blood. "Just a bad dream." I mumbled. Glad that it was just that. I never had a nightmare before. I checked myself to make sure. Nothing had attacked me. I looked up at Mac. His face twisted with concern before it fluttered away and became stern and serious.

"Time to go. We're almost at Arcadia." He said, stamping out the last embers in the fireplace with his boot.

***

I didn't take much notice of the forest as my mind is still reeling over the nightmare. Blue eyes with flecks of gold staring down at me. I kept looking up at the sky and occasionally Mac had to physically swerve me out of the way, either from a herd of deer, galloping through the forest or an animal trap laid on the floor by travellers.

"Are you sure you're ok?" Mac suddenly asked.

We had stopped for lunch. Mac had hunted a rabbit and cooked it over a small fire. I was grossed out at first and thought my appetite had gone. But the smell of the animal cooking made my stomach growl. It was then I hadn't eaten for over two days.

"I will be able to leave this place if I eat right?" I asked, just before I tucked in to the meat.

Mac laughed "Sure, you are a Faerie. That only happens to humans and besides we're not in Arcadia yet."

I looked over at him getting the last remnants of meat off the bone. I had veered off into my own thoughts, the dream from last night. It had really shaken me up.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" He asked when I didn't reply. The nice Mac coming out.

I exhaled. "I was being chased by the wild hunt."

Macs brow furrowed, and he swallowed hard "The wild hunt?" He looked at me then.

I nodded. "I think it was...I mean, I've read in books. Creatures on horseback." I thought back to the redcap, grinning wickedly at me. I felt sick. " Bloodhounds too." I whispered.

Mac went stiff. "Why didn't you tell me before?" He asked, jumping up and stomping out the small fire.

"It's only a dream." I said, watching him kick the bones and remains away. "What are you doing?"

Mac whirled around, grabbing my arm, pulling me up. "You don't understand. We have to go."