Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

Sunrays hit me and I groaned in annoyance. After so many days, I had this peaceful sleep and there was no way I wanted to get up.

There was pounding on the door and my eyes shot open. I looked around and realized that I was in Roy and Carol's house.

"Princess, wake up, you need to go to school." I heard Roy's voice.

"Yes, I'm up." I said and sat back in the bed.

All the things that happened yesterday came back, dad's grave, confession towards Tyler and everything.
I did morning business and came downstairs.

"Good morning, Roy and Carol." I smiled. Carol smiled widely and hugged me. I giggled in her embrace. She was always a mother to me.

She had baked cookies for me. I took my plate and sat beside Roy.
"SO... who brought me here?" I asked curiously.

He stared at me and then gave me a small smile,

"It was Tyler. He brought you back and he is going to pick you up for school too." My eyes widened and I swallowed hard.

"I can't do this."

"Princess, listen to me, you need to let him in now. He is your best friend after all. You have to tell him everything."

"It's not easy. I..."

"I know. Take your time but don't make it more complicated."

Before I could reply I heard a car horn and Carol put an apple in my bag,

"Go hurry, your prince charming is waiting." I blushed at her reply and took my bag.

I was afraid of facing him, I don't know why. It felt like he would turn against me. I took a deep breath and walked out of the house. His white Mercedes was parked across the street.

He was typing furiously on his phone. I felt like turning around and running back into the house.

I wasn't ready to face him after whatever happened. I stayed rooted in my spot and he looked at me. A warm smile spread on his lips and he came forward.

"Good morning, Munchkin." He stated softly.

"G_Good morning." I stuttered still facing ground like it was the most interesting thing all of a sudden. Tyler hugged me tightly and buried his face in my hair,

"I'm so sorry for jumping to conclusions. I should have stood by your side. I'm sorry." He said and I felt tears rolling down my face. I wrapped my hands around him,

"I'm sorry." I choked on my words and he pulled back.

His one hand cupped my cheek and he brushed tears with the help of his thumb.

"Don't cry now. I'm gonna make them all pay for this." He said through greeted teeth. I didn't say anything.

"Let's go." He held my hand and we made our way towards his car when somebody covered my eyes from behind. I cupped those palms not understanding who it was. I heard Tyler's laughter.

"Missed me, Kitkat?" that oh so familiar voice asked and I whirled around.

"Valentino?" I was shocked.

"Yes, it's me, Kitkat, your knight in shining armor." He bowed mockingly.

I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck. He hugged me too.

"I missed you so much." He said and I laughed.

"Come on guys, don't forget me." Tyler said and hugged me from behind. I giggled.

"When did you come back?" I asked Val and he put his hand over my shoulder.

"Last night and now I'm joining our school again. We three are gonna have loads of fun now." He said smiling.

He and Tyler shared a look and we sat in Ty's car. I took back seat.

"Now, listen Kitkat, we're gonna play a little game with them. So Tyler will drop us near school and we are gonna behave like Ty still hate us and we are two alone people." Val said.

My eyebrows scrunched together in confusion.

"He means we are gonna stay the way we used to be from last few days." Ty said and I gave a small nod.

I didn't know what they had in their mind but at least I was happy that they were by my side. Ty stopped car few minutes before school near a sidewalk.

"Val, now it's up to you. Take care of her. Munchkin, I will see you in school." Ty said as we got out of the car.

Val gave him a small nod and slung his hand over my shoulder casually. I saw little irritation in Ty's eyes when he saw that but then he drove to school.

"Damn, you don't know how much I missed you." Val said and I elbowed him in his ribs.

"Awww, what was that for?" he groaned.

"You didn't even call me or left a single message."

"Ohhhhh, I was busy. I'm sorry but hey look, I'm back now. I'm not gonna leave you again and you can't get rid of me before graduation." He smiled cheekily.

"Good for you." I smiled at him which he returned.