Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

TYLER'S P.O.V

Have you ever experienced the pain that cause because the person you love betrays you?

I never expected it from her but she did. Yes, I loved her, maybe I still do because this stupid heart of mine is so stubborn that it can't let go of her memories.

Now I have got over everything but still I feel like going to her and talk everything out. I can't stay mad at her. She is my weakness but now she is not. I still care but I'm keeping my distance from her.

Whenever I look in her eyes, I see the guilt and then her shaking figure when my friends pick on her. I haven't done anything to make it stop because I don't want her to know that I care. I want her to feel my hatred.

I rubbed my eyes and tried to concentrate on that stupid old hag who was boring the fuck out of me.

My gaze lingered to her seat but she wasn't there. It's been 3 days that she is not in school. A part of me wants to know what has happened to her but the other part of me wants me to stay away from her. I was just hoping that she would be alright.

I decided to go and see her. So I turned my car to her home which was 20 minutes away from school. It wasn't great neighborhood to stay at but as her father was always away because of his army duties, I used to be there with her. After everything that happened between us, I hadn't been there till date.

I stopped my car little away from her house from where I could see her. She was sitting on a porch and a man was talking to her. It was Dr. Williams, her family friend and he knew me too well.

They were talking, she gave him a weak smile to which he responded by giving her a small kiss on her forehead. He said something to her and she nodded. She was still there and she rested her head on one of the pillar. She closed her eyes and then suddenly her eyes flickered to where I had parked my car.

She noticed it but went inside. I saw the lights switching on as I could see her figure blurred. I sighed and drove back to my house.

"Where were you, Tyler?" Mom asked and I made an excuse.

I kissed her on her cheek and went upstairs.

I fell on my bed when few memories came back.

'We went for camping; it was me, her and Valentino. He was my other best friend.

I remember we sat around fire and Val, being an asshole he is, started with horror stories. She was always afraid of Horror shows so she scooted closer to me to which Val wiggled his eyebrows at me.

That was the first time I realized she needed me as much as I needed her. It was a comforting in so many ways.

I never told her how much I loved her and after that incident I'm not planning to do so. So Val started with a story of a doll, typical old stupid story.

"So there was a little girl who loved to play with dolls..." he started and I cut him off,

"Come on bro, all girls love to play with dolls."

"Shut up, asshole, listen to the story. So the girl went to a shop where she saw a doll which was encased in a glass and she was creepy. The girl liked her and asked shopkeeper to give it to her. Shopkeeper told her that the doll was cursed.

'But I don't believe in these things. I want that doll.' He imitated little girl's voice to which she giggled.

'Ok, I will give it to you.' The shopkeeper said and handed her the doll. The girl being stupid took her with her. She entered in her building elevator and she felt something strange as the wind blew. She shivered.'

Val was giving some extra effects to which my best friend was squeezing my hand. She knew that the girl was gonna die. Val continued,

"So as the lift doors were closed, the doll started moving in her hands. The lift wasn't moving at all.

'OH god! Is it really cursed?' the girl cried and tried to get rid of the doll. The doll smirked evilly and turned her eyes to meet with girl's eyes. Her eyes went wide as a shiver went down to her spine.

The doll opened her creepy looking mouth and said...."

Val waited for dramatic effect. He didn't say anything as I could feel her tightening her grip on my hand. And Val said,

"She said, 'Press the button to get moving, bitch.'" And he burst into fits of laughter.

I couldn't stop myself either and we all fell into hysterical laughter.'

[I read it somewhere]

I laughed as I recalled the moments and then came back to reality.

There was no way I could have lived those moments again with them.

Val left for California few months ago and she was long gone too. I missed both of them. But mostly I missed us.