Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

Standing at the end of the corridors of the hospital, looking in nothing but void, made me realize that my life was nothing but a mess. I slid against the wall and hugged my feet to my chest.

Tears were slowly making their way but I couldn't care less. I just sat there thinking about, where it all went wrong? Why I was sitting here alone and not by his side when he needed me the most.

He was struggling to stay alive and there were lots of people around him, praying for his well being. He was always this popular. The hospital room was rustling with the crowd and everybody was worried. I couldn't hold back my tears and pushed my handkerchief in my mouth to stop myself from screaming. The pain was too much. He was in there only because of me. I was the reason he was on the verge of death. I couldn't bare anything and ran outside. I bumped into someone but all I wanted was to get out of there. Without sparing second glance at the person, I did the only thing which I was good at, I ran.

Cemetery looked so peaceful at night. You could hear crickets and rustling of leaves which can send shivers down your spine but I was used to it. I spent half of the week in there with my dad.

I sat in front of him and let out a loud scream. He just didn't deserve it. He was always happy but I gave him pain, I broke his Trust and it took toll on him.

Tyler was my best friend and the only person who knew my horrible secrets. He always supported me and helped me in my low but I couldn't repay his trust. I pushed him near his death and now I wasn't sure of what was gonna happen. I was just hoping that he would be alright. I placed my head on my dad's tombstone and shed silent tears.

"I am sorry, Ty."I mumbled and one more wave of hot tears rolled down my face. I closed my eyes tightly and just laid there. I remembered the way we used to laugh together, he always brought me back to light from darkness, and he made me smile and broke down all the walls that I built around myself. Tyler was funny, popular and outgoing but he was a player. I was his best friend and cliché was that I fell for him.

But you know it hurts when there is no one to catch you when you fall. I couldn't bring myself to pour my heart in front of him and he never noticed.

After this incident, I knew I was nothing; I was back to my loner self. I knew life was going to be harsh but I wasn't ready for anything. I was broken inside, again.

My phone made a beep sound and I took it out. There was one post on social site from Cassie, Tyler's girlfriend, "Tyler is awake. Thank you people for your prays."I sighed in relief but guilt washed over me again.

I turned to look at sky, stars were twinkling beautifully but the sky in my heart was cloudy, there was strong storm going inside my head. Few more tears slipped and vanished in the grass. Life gave me worst experiences always and I always fought it back with the help of my best friend but I knew after this there was no one for me. I was alone, broken beyond repair.