Chapter Eight - Soothing as Mandragora

❄️Note: 😅 sorry I haven't updated in a while. I just haven't been up to writing lately tbh
❄️Note: I'm sorry if there are many mistakes, I don't have time to look this over and correct it. If you see any please point them out
Credit to the artist 👆

Draco
Was Harry insane? Who invites your recent ex-rival to the prefects bathroom? Apparently the golden boy. Not that he was complaining! He certainly wasn't complaining. He's seen Harry... Mostly non-clothed in the locker room for quidditch, but that was when he didn't have any interest in him.
Draco was currently fidgeting like a rat with tics as he made his way up toward the prefects bathroom. Pulling at his tie, shoving his hands in his pockets then ripping them out to adjust his shirt. By the time he got to the prefects bathroom, he was sure he looked like a hippogriff. Harry was shirtless and sitting down with his pants rolled up and his feet in the water, Harry turned around as he saw Draco enter.
"Hey Draco!" He said cheerfully.
"Hey" Draco said and looked anywhere but Harry's nude back.
"I didn't open it yet. Since it was your idea, I want you to open it" Harry said as he turned on the bubbles.
"Oh. Uh, thanks" Draco wasn't sure about the whole opening it underwater, if his ears would bleed or pop. When Harry wasn't looking Draco slipped out of his shoes and socks, along with his shirt and tie. He sat down beside the bath.
"What do you think the clue is?" Draco asked as Harry grabbed the egg.
"I'm not sure. I'm hoping its going to be helpful though" he said and handed the egg to Draco. "Only one way to find out"
Draco blushed a little. "Don't look 'k?" Draco set the egg down and Harry turned around. Draco quickly disregarded his pants and slid into the huge bath, making sure he was covered with bubbles. "Alright, do you want me to look away?"
"For Merlins sake, Draco, there a thing called the boys locker room. To be quite honest, I don't care if you see me or not" Harry shrugged, his words going straight down to Draco's crotch. He mentally scolded himself. He should not be having these thoughts! At least not when they are in a bath!
Harry start to take his shirt off and Draco Sears he felt drool on his chin. Harry's back was so tan and muscled for their age, but it wasn't like disgusting,y muscles. Fit is the best easy to describe it. Harry undid his belt and dropped it and that's when Draco decided to look away, unless Harry wanted another substance floating in the water.
"What do you think it's gonna do? If it works?" Draco played with the bubbles in the bath, trying to
"I'm not sure. But I hope it's useful..." Harry said and joined Draco in the bath and handed the blonde the egg. Draco was about to put it the water but a giggly voice echoed in the presumably empty bathroom.
"Hello Ha-arry" the strange feminine voice practically sang Harry's name. Draco looked around the bathroom frantically. Did Harry do this to humiliate him? He turned to scowl and yell and the other. But he looked as uncomfortable as Draco was feeling.
"M-Myrtle? What are you doing here?" Harry stuttered and adjusted his glasses.
"Oh... Just watching~" Draco sighed in relief as she showed herself. She's just a ghost.
"You look like a student. But... You don't have any signs of death. How did you die?" Draco bombarded her with questions before he could shit his mouth.
"Very observant I see" she spat and flew quickly into Draco's face which caused him to back up and sit next to Harry. Frankly, pretty close.
"I-I am-" Draco stuttered an apology. He's never had the chance to talk with a ghost and just discovered he did not fancy being flown at.
"If you must know, I was murdered by the basilisk" Draco was about to ask how but was stopped by Harry's hand on his shoulder, his face almost pleading and shaking his head.
"Myrtle, what are you doing here?" Harry repeated his question and the ghost pouted.
"I told you. Just watching you. Did I interrupt something? Don't tell me you were about to ki-"
"NO!" Harry and Draco shouted at the same time. The looked at each other and blushed. "We just came here to out the egg in the water and see if it did anything other than shriek" Draco said, his voice still a little shaky.
"Shame..." She dove into the water and they both instinctively covered themselves. She then popped up next to Harry and Harry gasped, shifted closer to Draco. Draco couldn't help but feel a flutter run through his chest. Stupid hormones. This is definitely not how a Malfoy should act.
"It would have been interesting to see how Harry kissed..." She sang and nipped at the air next to him. Harry seemed to be frightened and shoved Draco the other way to get away from the ghostly girl, but he unconsciously grasped a hole of Draco's wrist. Draco was more than happy to comply and he resisted the sudden urge to hold Harry's hand.
"Myrtle... I really don't want to be rude but could you please... Erm..." Harry seemed to be having trouble being rude. Draco's scoffed. I'll just finish it for him, he thought.
"Get lost?" Harry slapped Draco's shoulder. "Hey! I mean it's already weird enough we are in a bath together, I don't think a presence of a ghost-not to mention a girl-spying on us is going to be comforting" Myrtle looked deeply offended, but she turned away and started to leave before she hastily turned towards Draco and flew threw him. The blonde couldn't suppress a small shout in surprise and he threw his arms around his face in defense, his common sense that told shim she's a GHOST fleeted him. She seemed to take his advice because he didn't see her after that. He slowly lowered his arms and saw Harry scowling at him.
"What?" He said and received another slap on his shoulder.
"That was unnecessary! You hurt her feelings!"
"Well if I had let you kick her out we would miss tomorrow!i just sped up what was brewing" He said in defense and crossed his arms over his chest. Even his new feelings for Harry couldn't damper the endorphins of excitement that ran through him when he argued with the other.
"But you didn't have to say it so bluntly..." Harry grumbled and looked where she disappeared to. Draco grinned.
"It's so fun to rile you up" Harry gave him a look. "I know, I know, we are now what you would call "friends" but it's still fun" Harry looked like he was about to object but sighed instead. "I guess it is still fun..." He was visibly fighting a smile and Draco laughed quietly.
"Enough delay, let's see what this does" he grabbed the egg and looked a Harry. The brunette seemed to calm himself and nodded. Draco took a breath and dunked himself under water, Harry soon joining. Draco looked at Harry one last time before he opened the egg. Whatever he was expecting, it definitely wasn't this. Soft and gorgeous voices sang throughout the underwater:

Come seek us where our voices sound,

So.. Harry is going to have to search.

We cannot sing above the ground,

Ah. That's why it sounded so horrid.

An hour long you'll have to look,

So it's timed...?

And to recover what we took.

So that means...
They both gasped for breath as they surfaced.
"Come seek us..." Harry started
"Can't sing above ground.." Draco finished.
"The lake" Harry wiped his face with his hand and Draco couldn't tear his eyes away from Harry's hair sticking to his forehead, his glasses wet and his lips...
"An hour. It's timed" Draco said to try and distract himself from Harry, but he still couldn't look away.
"Recover from what we took" Harry rubbed his eyes and sighed, gathering his breath. "So what we've learned is that it's in the lake, and I have an hour to look in the lake for... Something" Harry looked at Draco and noticed the odd goin crossing Draco's face. "What?" Draco panicked a little, but when he responded his voice surprised him with how smooth it sounded.
"Your hair. It's.." He paused to smirk at him. "Tamed" Harry frowned at him and slashed water towards the blonde.
"Git"

Harry
After the bathroom with Draco, Harry thought the two have bonded a little. He likes this side of Draco. But their little dispute was refreshing. It would have been a little weird if the fighting stopped completely. He went back to the common room APGO ponder at the clue.
It's in the lake and it's only an hour. But what would be missing of his? What is he going to have to find?

❄️Note: I'm sorry again, this chapter is extremely late and it's mostly Draco and short but the next chapter is the lake so I guess whoever is still reading this piece of shit can look forward to that.
❄️Note: Seriously. Why are you still reading this. It sucks.