Chapter Six - Firm as Sleet

❄️Note: time skip to the Yule Ball. This was the original idea just as a one shot but I changed my mind.
❄️Note: sorry for the wait guys! I've been really busy with my horse and friends.
Harry
        "By the way, Harry, do you have a date to the Yule Ball?" Those words have been reeking Harry's brain ever since they slipped out of Ron's mouth. No. He didn't have a date. Cho was going with someone else and he didn't know where else to turn. He was popular for being the boy who lived. Not popular for just being Harry. He didn't want to go. He wasn't any good at dancing or anything like that. He thought about going to Professor Mcgnagall and asking if it was alright if he were to be excused from the traditional dance of the three champions. He was a mistake, after all.
        Harry sighed and flopped back on his bed, the red curtains shaking slightly. This sucked. The only champion in history to not have a date to the ball. Why can't he just be sick and not go? It would be so much easier if he was bed ridden. He thought about it but mentally slapped himself. He can't stay in bed for all the time required. He would go nuts. Speaking of which, his thoughts wandered to Malfoy. Was he doing okay? Is he allowed to leave? Will he go back to hating Harry and blackmailing him? Harry shuddered at the thought. He didn't know exactly how to explain it, but just talking with Malfoy felt... Relaxing.
        Maybe he should go to check on him. It wouldn't hurt. He was kinda forced to leave against his will. Will he still be a pleasure to be around? Or will he tell him to shove off?  Wait, why worry? It's not like he cares about Malfoy's opinion. Or cares what he thinks. If Harry wanted to see how he was doing, then so be it.
<~>
        Harry walked through the corridors of the castle until he was standing outside the infirmary. He walked in and was greeted by Madam Pomfrey. She smiled looked stunned then she kindly at him.
        "Oh, I'm sorry dear, you just missed him. I cleared him just a few minutes ago with a potion" she said and smiled again as she was cleaning up a bit.
        "Oh, that's alright, do you need a hand?" Harry offered but she shook her head.
        "Thank you for the offer, but I'm just finishing up. Why don you go get ready for the ball tonight hmm?" She said all too innocently. For the hundredth time he's reminded himself, Harry didn't have a date. He smiled at her anyway and walked away. He should just stay in his room. But he would drive himself crazy. Just sitting there for hours. He would loose it.
        Harry groaned as sulking thoughts creeped into his head. Stupid girls. Why do they always travel in packs? It would just be so much easier if they were alone and Harry wouldn't have to go embarrass himself more. No, it's not the girls. Harry was too afraid to ask Cho until it was too late. That was his fault, not hers. Maybe he should just show up then slip away. Then he could say that he was there.
<~>
        Harry sat on his bed, attempting to do his potions homework. Potions was difficult, he wasn't going to lie. But when he had partners it was a little easier. Not with Ron though. As much as he loved his best friend, they were equally horrid at potions. Speaking of which, that was the only class he was with Malfoy. They had been paired up a few times and Malfoy was pretty good at potions, rivaling Hermione. Malfoy was rather good at, well, everything but catching the Snitch. Harry laughed a little at that. Not catching the Snitch and pissing off a Hippogriff was his specialty.

Draco
        Draco was so happy after he was released from the infirmary bed. The mix of different potions in different parts of the room made him want to hurl. After his cuddling session with Potter he felt a whole lot better. He rushed out of there as soon as possible to go have a bath in the Prefects bathroom. The warming and cleaning charms just made him feel icky.
<~>
        Draco started up the bath and made it extra soapy, feeling the need to cleanse himself thoroughly. He slid himself out of his robes and slipped in, sighing quietly as the warm water wrapped around him. He leaned against the marble siding and closed his eyes. The Yule Ball was tonight. He didn't exactly have anyone to go with, but he really didn't want to face Snape questioning him.
        He lathered his arms and chest in the excess soap, moving around for different faucets. He washed his hair and neck, staring blankly at the bubbly masses surrounding him. What to do about Harry Potter... Would he pretend it never happened and go back to their old status? Just, enemies? That thought frightened him. Now that he's experienced Potters good side, he didn't want to be left on the nemesis list.
        Draco groaned from conflicting thoughts in his head. Yes, he really did like Potter. Yes he wanted to be more than enemies. Yes he wanted to stick his tongue down- whoa. Whoaaaaa. We are not going there. His father would never allow it. He would probably be disappointed with his son being gay, but for Potter? He would be devastated and horrified. His mother would probably be more lax on the subject, but there's no telling how she's react either. What would his friends think? Pansy already knows, but Blaise and Crabbe and Goyle? Their friend being gay for Harry Potter. Draco wonders if they'd even look him in the eye.
        But Malfoy couldn't deny his feelings. Merlin, he's completely fallen for Harry Potter. He wants to be more than friends, but he's not going to get that is he. Stupid Harry Potter. With his stupidly cute glasses and his short but slim frame. With his emerald green eyes and the lush, dark locks. With his rosy colored lips and his incredibly soft skin under Draco's fingers...
        Well fuck. If he keeps this up he's gonna have a boner. Sure, he's experimented with that sort of thing but he hasn't actually... Done much. He's not quite sure he's ready to bloody masturbate to Harry Potter yet. Maybe some day, but not in the bath where it'll just taint the water.
        No more fighting it. No more denying it.
        He's in love with Harry Potter.