Chapter Four - Soft as Daggers

❄️ Note: hey guys so I've been really happy about how many reads it's getting by itself, but if you know more people who are into Drarry please show them my fanfic! It would really mean a lot to me! Also I would love feedback on how to improve if you have the time 😊 Thank you!!
Harry
Even after Madam said Harry could leave, he didn't. He knew how it felt to wake up and not know where you were. He's definitely had the experience way too many times. He's pulled up a chair to rest beside Malfoy's bed, resting there for who knows one long. Madam Pomfrey said that Malfoy was just feeling under the weather and that it was just a cold, but Harry didn't think that was it. He also wanted to talk to Malfoy about.. The things in the forest. Maybe he had a habit of acting that way. Madam said he wasn't drunk and that his system was clear of any intruding potions or funky drinks.
Harry sighed and rested his head against the bed, watching Malfoy turn his head to the side every so often and his fingers clutch sheets. Harry groaned and just grabbed Draco's hand, thudding his head against the bed. Why was he hold Malfoy's surprisingly warm hand? He felt Malfoy's hand tense up but then it relaxed once used to Harry's grip. Harry knocked his forehead against the bed several more times.
Harry wondered as to why Malfoy was even there. He was hidden pretty well, was he up there with Cho? As soon as that though crossed his mind he dismissed it. Malfoy's been giving her the dirtiest of sneers and glares. Even Harry doesn't get those. But the footprints that lead to Malfoy seemed more faded than the ones he figured were Cho's. Did Malfoy just go there often? That still doesn't explain why he was passed out!
        Harry rattled his brain for answers and he noticed the hand that was in his own moved and twitched against his. He looked up from the bedspread and saw Malfoy awakening. He straightened himself up and tried to remove his hand from Malfoy's but it squeezed ever so lightly. Malfoy stirred again and yawned a small yawn. It was a few moments before his eyes cracked open, foggy and hazy.
        "Mmm... Ngh.." He turned his head towards Harry. "Potter?" He asked groggily. "Where...?" He was cut off by his own yawn. "... Are we?" He finished and placed his hand that was not in Harry's over his mouth.
        "Infirmary. I carried you here" Harry said and tried to keep the pride and smugness out of his voice. Harry could of sworn he saw Malfoy these up.
        "Did I do anything stupid?" He asked and closed his eyes, leaning back against the pillow. Does he not remember that severely awkward conversation?
        "Um, yeah, a little bit. You started talking deliriously. And complained about being uncomfortable" Harry said and looked at his and Malfoy's hand. Does he just not noticed it?
        Malfoy grinned sheepishly at that. "I apologize... I get that way when I don't have enough sleep..."
        "Malfoy. What were you even doing in that space anyway?" He asked before he could stop himself. The blonde rolled his head over to Harry and looked at him hazily. "If I told you, there's no way n hell you'd believe me. I guess I just fell asleep..." Malfoy said and winced a little. "It's bloody cold" he murmured and bit his lip.
        "Madam Pomfrey said you might have hypothermia too..." Harry informed gently and felt a little guilty about just sitting there when Malfoy was probably freezing.
        "Er... Madam Pomfrey? He's-"
        "I figured it would happen when he woke up. There are extra blankets under the bed. That won't be enough though, he's gonna need another source of warmth too, Harry" she responded to him from across the room without even turned to look at him. There were a lot more patients in here than Harry noticed before.
        "Accio" he mumbled and the blankets crawled toward him. He picked them up and placed them over the now shivering blonde.
        "Malfoy you're a lot paler that you normally are, are you okay? Well besides freezing" Harry looked at Malfoy with a touch of concern.
        "No.. I'm fine. Just cold.." He sunk down more into the comforter and sighed contently.
        "If you don't mind me asking, why were you so tired that you feel asleep in snow?" Harry asked and realized he was still holding Malfoy's hand. Should he let go? But alloy hasn't said anything yet. Had he even bloody noticed? Well if not he didn't want to make him noticed by moving.
        Malfoy was silent for a few moments. "I was sick" he finally answered. "And I wasn't getting a lot of homework done" he added and looked at Harry. "Why? If the famous Harry Potter worried about me?" He teased and a small smirked quirked up at the corners of his lips.
        "Wha-? No! I am not! Just in case the nurse asks and you are asleep!" Harry said quickly and defensively. Malfoy chuckled lazily.
        "Whatever you say Potter" he grinned. "Why are you here anyway?"
        That caught Harry off guard. Even though it shouldn't have. "Madam asked me to stay with you in case something out of the ordinary happened"
        "And you decided to hold my hand? I'm not on death row Potter" SHIT.
        "Your hand was just shaking and it was bothering me" he said and looked down, not meeting Malfoy's eyes. He tried to retract his hand but was stopped by Malfoy's words.
        "Don't you dare let go of it. That's the only place I'm not freezing" Malfoy said in a tone that was teasing yet serious. Madam did say he would need another source of warmth... Oh no. Did he have to? If anyone walked in here they would, mostly Harry, be dead.
        "Harry he's going to get worse if he's cold" the nurse destroyed his last hopes of not having to... Embrace Malfoy.
        "What's she taking 'bout?" Malfoy asked quietly. Harry groaned and flicked the curtains that faced the door shut.
        "Oi. Malfoy. Not a word of this to anyone" he snapped sharply but leaned over and curled his hand around Malfoy's neck and shoulder. He rested himself beside Malfoy on the bed and awkwardly hugged the blonde.
        "Oh sweet Merlin you're warm" Malfoy said and moved his face to Harry's shoulder.
        "Not exactly. Anyone's warm compared to your temperature" he said and trailed his hand to Malfoy's neck.
        "And yes... I won't tell anyone.." Malfoy murmured. Harry felt Malfoy relax more. Maybe this... Hatred could go away if Harry and Malfoy actually took the time to not bicker and get to know each other. Well that would only work of Draco agreed too.
        "Hey, Malfoy?" Harry said but soon realized the blonde was asleep. He sighed and looked at him again. His lips were more pink than they were purple, the color they were when he found him. His face was relaxed and, even if it was still pale, not as white as he was out in the snow. Malfoy's hair was too soft against Harry's new for its own good. Harry sighed. He had to admit.
        Malfoy was pretty goddamn good looking.