Chapter Five - Thin as Rock

Draco
        Draco never thought this would be the situation he'd wake up in. He smelled morning dew, Treacle tart, and broomstick polish. He felt extremely soft locks in his hand and unbelievably smooth skin under his fingertips. He heard quiet breathing and hums, along with the every so often the pitter patter of feet. He slowly opened his eyes and couldn't keep the stupid grin off his face.
        Harry Potter. He moved his hand gently through Potter's hair and he smiled. Why is he so attractive? His hair was longer than it had been in previous years. Draco liked his glasses too, they fit his personality perfectly. Humble yet recognizable. His eyelashes were dark and they really made his eyes brighter. His cheeks were filled but not too much to make him look chubby. His lips were stunning as well. The color complemented his face. Bloody hell, he could be a lip model if he wanted.
        Draco realized how close they were and which limbs were where. Potter was half on the bed, half on the chair. His arms rested around Draco's shoulders and around his chest, his head on the pillow. Draco was in an even more odd position. His legs were almost off the side of the bed and his arms were draped around Harry's neck and shoulder, his head this close to resting by Potter's chest.
        Draco's heart skipped a beat. They were so close! He felt his face heating up. If he wanted to he could bloody kiss him right now. Now that though made his heart jump to his throat. Great. Now he's acting like a bloody school girl when her crush brushes up against her. Though, this is no brush up, almost full on cuddling. Potter is so thick sometimes. Draco always teases him and makes him squirm by asking him out. It's adorable really, but Draco thought the other would of caught on by now. He's genuinely liked Harry Potter since they first met, even after he rejected his friendship. Well, it was kinda his fault. He did insult the weasel right in front of him. If he wasn't such a spoiled prat, maybe they would be better than they are now.
        Draco sighed and closed his eyes. He really didn't want Potter to hate him. But it's a little late now. Everyone knew about their daily disputes, not to mention that Potter probably already did hate him. Draco hasn't exactly acted kindly towards him. Well, the action was returned too. After this though.... Draco hoped things would be better between them. He didn't want to act anymore. He didn't want to have to play the little game of hating Harry Potter.
He felt said boy stir around him. He groaned and sadly moved his arm off of potter and rubbed his eyes. The brunette removed his arm from Draco and adjusted his glasses. Draco moved his self so he was farther away from potter and half siting up. Potter did the same and moved his head up from the pillow, his hair messy. Draco laughed a little, ruffling his hair up even more.
        "Bed head much?" He teased and grinned widely.
        "H-hey!" Potter exclaimed and leaned his head out of Draco's reach and tried to smooth it down. Draco laughed and sat up fully. Potter playfully glared at Draco and huffed. He reached out and ruffled Draco's hair so it was messy and slightly knotty. Draco should of seen it coming, he grunted a laugh and tried to pry Potter's hand off of his head
        "Aww did I mess up your expensive haircut?" Potter teased and Draco huffed in response.
        "As a matter of fact, I give myself haircuts. And as you can see, they turn out beautifully" he slapped his hand over his chest like he was offended. He then crossed his arms.
"Stupid Potter..." Draco grumbled and looked away. He heard Potter laugh. Oh what a sound that was. It was so beautiful and it was directed at him.
"Lighten up Draco!" He laughed and ruffled Draco's hair again. Draco looked at him but a smile inevitably crawled onto his face and he laughed a little as well.
"At least my hair still looks better than yours, even all messed up!" Draco tipped his chin up and grinned at the other.
"It totally is not! My hair is so much better than yours 24/7!" He said and adjusted his glasses. They laughed again and Draco felt a whole lot lighter. This is how he wants their relationship to be, even if Potter doesn't return his feelings. He didn't want to give hexes and insults. He wanted to give hugs and occasional compliments. They went quiet and the silence grew. Draco was about to break it but he was promptly stopped when the door burst open.
"There you are Harry!" A female voice rang throughout the hall, and she was quickly shushed by the nurse.
"Yes, I am here Hermione. Can you not be so loud?" She muttered an apology and walked towards them, the weasel on her tail.
"Why are you here? Not to mention with Malfoy?" She pointed to Draco with an odd expression.
"We were looking everywhere for ya mate" the redhead added and looked at Draco with dissatisfaction. What? Is me being with potter a crime now?
"Long story..." Potter said sheepishly and shrugged. He slowly took his hand away from Draco and faced them fully. Hermione crossed her arms and looked him in such a way it made the boy drop his gaze and look at Draco, almost for permission. Draco closed his eyes briefly and nodded.
"I found Malfoy in the snow unconscious, so I brought him here. Ron don't look at me like that. He was pale, sick, and freezing. I'd be damned if I just left him!" Potter said in defense of Draco, which made him flush a little. Weasel's face was priceless, his eyes wide and his mouth hanging open, his face drained of color. Draco couldn't help a snort and he covered his mouth with his hand.
"Are you trying to catch flies there Weasel?" Draco muttered and stifled a laugh again at the redheads face.
"Oh shut up you prat" Potter shoved Draco's heads to the side but in a playful way, and Draco caught a glimpse of a grin.
"Make me, Potter" he teased with a smirk. Potter rolled his eyes.
"Gladly" he retorted and pressed his hand to Draco's mouth and shoved his head back down to the pillow. Draco's eyes widened and he tried to pry potters hand off.
Potter looked back towards the two, slightly surprised when he saw them gaping at Draco and Potter.
"What?" Potter asked and tilted his head. The two looked at each other then back at potter.
"Did you land with a thud mate?" The redhead asked and gestured to them.
"What do you mean?" Potter asked, unaware of Draco inability to breath.
"Did you hit your head on the way here?" Hermione chipped in.
"Look, guys I don't know what you're talking about-" Draco was tired of Potters hand over his mouth and not allowing him to breath. So he licked his hand. Hmm. Tastes like Treacle tart and other sweets.
"Eww! Malfoy! Did you just bloody lick me!?" Potter instantly slapped his hand back into his thigh to wipe it off.
"Serves you right you idiot. I couldn't breath!" Draco laughed and sat up again, a smug smirk crawling across his face at the visual of Granger and Weasel going pale.
"Doesn't mean you have to lick me!"
"It actually does. Clearly nothing else was getting your attention of that fact you were suffocating me" Draco laughed and leaned back against the backboard. "Can you not stare at me like that? I'm not eating slugs" Draco's words apparently snapped the two out of their daze.
"Did you hit your head?" Hermione asked and gestured towards Draco and Potter.
"Honestly, Potter, what's wrong with your friends? We're not ghosts" Draco looked at Potter. He shrugged.
"Yeah, I got to agree with Malfoy on this one. What's wrong?" He turned to look at them. Weasel gestured to them again. "How are you two having a decent conversation and sticking your hands down the others throat?!" No, he wanted to stick his tongue down Harry's throat, but not his hand. Gross Granger. "That's what we're stunned about!" Granger said matter-of-factly. Potter looked like he was going to say something but Draco cut him off.
"Ever think once that I'm grateful for Potter saving my life? It would be extremely rude to yell at him and tell him to get lost. Even I have more class than that, Granger" Draco crossed his arms and looked away from the trio.
"Harry, lets just go" the weasel snatched Potters arm and dragged him away, Potter looking unwilling but he still went. He looked back once at Draco before the door closed shut.