jhs : save me

summary: in which they complete another.

genre: angst, fluff

word count: + 1.1k

part 5 of the 'save me' series.

there he walked, jung hoseok, my best friend and secret crush, the guy i confessed to before nearly dying. thank god, the doctors could save my life, but hoseok was nowhere to be found. but now, i finally found him. he was walking on the roadside, wearing black pants and a black shirt, a grey jacket over it. something about his walk made me frown, it was uneasy. he started to stumble, and all of a sudden, collapsed, fell onto the hard ground. i wanted to cry out his name, loud and shrilling, but no sound escaped from my throat.

i dashed towards the ravenette, his body hit the ground harshly. "oh god, no, no, please no.", i pleaded silently, as i kneeled down next to him, cupping his face in my hands. he was so cold, it was like i touched clear, cold marble. i quickly pulled out my phone and called the ambulance. waiting for them to arrive, i continued to stroke hoseok's face, running my fingers through his ash-colored hair. "what in god's name did you do?", i whispered.

short time after, the ambulance arrived, and the paramedics immediately heaved the boy on a barrow. "do you know what exactly happened?", one of them asked me. i shook my head. "n-no, i wish i would. he was just walking along this roadside here and collapsed all of a sudden." he nodded and asked me to join the other paramedic on the ride to the hospital. "we need someone to contact his family and tell us more about his condition." "i am gladly willing to contact his family, but i cannot tell you more about his condition. i know him, pretty well, but we didn't see each other for some time."

as i had called hoseok's parents as soon as i arrived at the hospital, all i could do now was waiting. soon enough, someone called out my name, and i saw my friend's parents hasting towards me. after a long series of apologizing and saying hello, i finally told them what happened. "and that's it. i mean, the doctors surely will know what's with him."

"i can't understand this! he was fine just a couple of hours ago! he said he wanted to go for a walk..", hoseok's mother said, voice laced with the desperation of a woman fearing over her son's life. i let out a sad sigh, and placed a hand on her shoulder, wanting to reassure her, making her fell like she wasn't alone at all.

just as she was about to say something, a young doctor walked towards us, clearing his throat. "are you by any chance the parents of jung hoseok?", he asked in a calm and relaxing voice. "yes, what happened to our son?" "he was apparently under drugs, different kinds of medicaments, to be exact." a loud thud made the three adult's heads jerk towards my direction. i, who had dropped the bag i was holding, stared at the doctor in utterly disbelief. "he ... what?!"

"where is he? is he awake? can i see him?", i blurted out, panicking, my mind a complete mess. hoseok's mother laid a hand on my shoulder, just as i did a couple of moments earlier, before engulfing me in a warm hug. "shhh, calm down. he's alive, it will be fine." by now, there were surely tears streaming down my cheeks, and quiet sobs filled the empty floor. "can she go to him?", i heard my friend's mother asking quietly, almost meekly, and the doctor said yes.

"just open this door, it is a single bed room.", the doctor said, pointing towards a huge, wooden door, and i took a deep breath, bracing myself for ... for what? i didn't know.

i bit my lip and pushed the doorknob, opening the door, just a tiny creak. i peeked inside, caught glimpse of a certain black haired boy laying in his bed, eyes directed to the ceiling. clearing my throat, i knocked the door twice, wanting to let him know i was here. hoseok's dark eyes darted towards my figure, and he croaked: "am i dead?"

upon hearing this - really stupid - sentence, i strode inside the room, carefully closing the door behind me, and approached his bed. "what are you talking about, dumbass? you're not dead, no, you're very alive." "b-but .. you're here ...", he stuttered, eyes widening more as time passed by. "oh hobi, i didn't die back then. yes, i flat lined. but the doctors were able to save my life, and i could go into a special clinic to become a healthy person again. but you, you were gone, and i didn't know where."

hoseok stared at me, and i swore i could see tears glittering in the corners of his eyes. "you literally died in my arms, (y/n)! i didn't know what to do! without you, my life doesn't make sense anymore, especially after you confessed to me, i was so broken. how, did i think, how can i ever tell i feel the same? how should i ever be able to tell you how much i love you, (n/n) (y/n)? tell me, how?!", he was practically yelling the last sentences, leaving me quiet and surprised, riled up and confused.

"but i am here, and i won't leave again. why in god's name did you think about killing yourself? that's not the right way to deal with it. imagine you wouldn't have survived. i would be sitting next to your bed now, and i would cry my eyes out!", i yelled back, i just couldn't believe hoseok was so dumb and had wanted to end his life. 

"you need help, and i can't completely help you.", i finished, and the look in his eyes told me that he already knew. "but i'll stay by your side, forever and ever. won't be easy to get rid of me.", i joked and leant closer, pressed a soft kiss on the raven haired boy's forehead. "got it?" "got it." "good. now make some space, i'm feeling cold.", i pouted.

hoseok crawled to the side a bit, and i climbed into the bed, snuggling up against the older boy, whose face was by now redder than a tomato. barely suppressing a jawn, i wrapped my arms around his waist, nuzzling his neck while mumbling "i'm tired." hoseok pulled the blanket over the two of us, keeping the warmth inside as he brought me even closer to him.

just as we were about to drift off to sleep, i heard him mumbling something that made my heart skip a bit and the corners of my mouth twitch, trying to hide a huge grin.

"i love you too, (y/n)."

edited; 2017/11/30.

this was bad, too.

"the way her body existed only where he touched her. the rest of her was smoke."
— arundhati roy; the god of small things