ksj : vagary

summary: in which their journey does not end yet.

genre: fluff

word count: + 1.2k

vagary; (noun)
an unpredictable instance, a wandering journey, a whimsical, wild or unusual idea, desire or action.

"wooooahh, this is awesome! jin, look at this!", i gasped and took in the breathtaking view from our hotel. the sky was already dark, but the lights of tokyo lit up the whole room, making it feel like it was still early afternoon. it was beautiful.

suddenly i felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and jins warm breath fanned over my neck. i shivered slightly and leant against his broad chest. "so my jagi is happy. then i'm happy too.", he whispered into my ear. "h-hey! s-stop that!" "why? don't tell me you don't like it.", he replied, turning me around and cupping my face in his hands, his long and slender fingers stroking over my cheeks. "i'll never understand why you're so beautiful. i love everything about you."

my cheeks burned and i hid my face by burying it in his shoulder. jin chuckled and pulled me even closer to him. "still embarrassed after over 5 years of being with me?" i nodded, but couldn't suppress a giggle. "you're so cheesy sometimes!" "only with you, jagi, only with you." yet again, i giggled and hugged him tightly.

our 5th anniversary was right around the corner and jin got the idea that we could also celebrate it in another country. knowing that i had always been wanting to travel to japan, he secretly bought tickets for a weekend in tokyo and surprised me like this earlier. at this point, it was already clear: i had the sweetest, most caring boyfriend in the whole world.

"what about we're going to look for a nice restaurant nearby?", i suggested and jin agreed. "just let me dress up properly, i want to look pretty when going out with you.", he replied, making me burst into laughter. "you sound so much like a girl, i swear to god!" i quickly walked to the bedroom and took out the dress i had brought for a situation like this. it wasn't too long, nor was it too short. i slid it over my body, feeling dressed up in an instant. the dress was shimmering in a dark grey and hugged my curves tightly. jin once said it'd compliment my (e/c) eyes, and so i immediately felt really pretty.

after styling my hair and choosing a pair of black heels, i sat down on the sofa and waited for my boyfriend to finish. for real now, he took way longer than me. when jin finally walked out of the changing room, i let out a tiny gasp. he looked so handsome in his black suit, with the white dress shirt underneath and his bangs framing his face. "like what you see?", his chuckle interrupted my inner fangirling. i nodded frantically and got up. "let's go, shall we?"

stepping out of the hotel, i took a deep breath. jin laughed and grabbed my hand, holding it tightly. "you better not get lost whilst admiring the skyline of tokyo.", he commented and i slapped his arm in a playful manner. "i'm not the type of girl who gets lost easily!", i pouted, making him chuckle. "oh, what about last month in seoul when you took the wrong side and called me, nearly in tears?" "that was the first time ever!"

bickering each other, we continued to walk along the street, until jin stopped and pointed towards a fancy looking restaurant. "this place looks nice. and it has korean food too!" "everything's fine as long as you have something to eat.", i giggled.

walking into the restaurant, i looked around to see a smaller table for two in the back. i tugged at jins sleeve. "hey, you see that table in the background? i'd love to take this." he nodded and walked to one of the waiters, asking if there table was free. thank god the waiter spoke korean, so jin wouldn't have any trouble. sure, he was speaking a bit of english when he sang, but otherwise, his english was full of grammatical mistakes and a cute accent. luckily, the table wasn't reserved, so the waiter led us there, and gave us the menus after we sat down.

taking a quick glance through the menu, i already knew what i wanted and waited for jin to choose his meal too. after a couple of minutes passed by, he nodded and looked at me. "don't order something too spicy, or you won't be able to talk for the rest of the day.", i reminded him, remembering the night jin was so brave and ate wasabi, leading to a cursing maknae. "you're at it again, (y/n)? well, at least jungkook is not here to swear again. that was really horrible.", jin stated.

the waiter walked towards us and we ordered what we wanted to eat and drink. after some time, our meals arrived and we hold up our glasses. "those past 5 years were the best in my life, and i (j)hope that there are more years to come.", jin announced, smiling warmly at me. i nodded, happiness invading me once again.

"that sure was tasty!", i sighed, intertwining my hands with my boyfriend's. "the weather is still nice, do you want to walk around a bit?" we found a little park (jimin) nearby and walked under the cherry trees, that were blossoming in beautiful pinkish and white colors. "look, jinnie, your favorite color!", i pointed at a cherry tree whose blossoms seemed to shine in a more pinkish color than the others. "hey!", he pouted and wrapped an arm around my waist. i leant closer to him, enjoying the warmth radiating off his body.

"hey, (y/n)..."

"yes?", i answered, my voice laced with curiosity. "sometimes, it still feels like a dream to me, you know? i'd have never even dared to imagine that i would have a beautiful girl like you by my side." i blushed slightly and turned around to face him. "and i would have never guessed that you would be my other half.", i replied. jin looked at me. i kept a straight face, until he started to grin. "what?" "i'm so sorry, but that was really cheesy." now he laughed, and it made me laugh too. "that's so unlike us!", i giggled and he pulled me closer towards him, our lips barely inches apart.

"but this is not.", he said, his dark eyes sparkling slightly, as he pulled me in for a long and tender kiss. his hands wandered over my back and i wrapped my arms around his neck, fingers entangled in his soft hair. pulling away for catching our breath, i looked at my boyfriend. his smile enlightened his whole face, reaching up to his eyes and made him look incredibly happy. once again, i realized how handsome he was. not pretty, not beautiful. just handsome, downright good-looking. "like what you see?", jin asked, running a hand through his hair.

"yes, and you know that!", i replied, hugging him and burying my face in his broad chest. "i'm truly happy to be yours." "i love you, jinnie." "oh please, anything but this stupid nick name! oh, and i love you to the moon and back,", jin answered.

when we walked back to our hotel, he had one arm wrapped around my waist, keeping me close to him and showing everyone that i belonged to him and no one else. right now, i couldn't be more happy.

i wouldn't know what to do without him.

edited; 2017/10/03.

"and it's not that i want to have you. all i want is to deserve you. tell me what to do. show me how to behave. i'll do anything you say."
— choderlos de laclos; dangerous liasons