jjk : i need you

summary: in which he she needs him to stay.

genre: angst

word count: + 2k

inspired by an analysis/theory i've read on tumblr, circling around bts' "i need u" 19+ mv from which i thought is the most realistic one.

this is part 1 of the 'i need u' series. the idea is to write a oneshot with each member based off the theory i wrote about above. the plot/storyline will not be connected with each other, you can read them independently from each other.

"kookie? hello, kookie, you're alright?", i poked my boyfriend's cheek. yet again, he was spacing out, staring into the distance, eyes focused on something i couldn't see. he blinked, like he just woke up from a deep slumber. shaking his head slightly, he turned around to face, lips curled up in a forced smile. "i know that something is off, so, tell me, what is it?", i asked, concern being audible in my voice. "uh, it's nothing, really. no need to worry about me, jagi.", jungkook answered, but i could see it in his eyes, he looked out worn, tired and lifeless. something had happened to him, and it made my heart clench out of sadness.

"you know that you can trust me, right? i'm always here for you.", i mumbled, leaning against him, head lying on his shoulder, listening to his even breathing. "i know, (y/n). please don't worry, i'm just.. thinking about life lately." i sat up, reaching out and running my fingers through his brown hair. he let out a heavy sigh, slightly leaning into my touch, letting me comb his hair. "we should do this more often.", jungkook stated, making me raise an eyebrow. "what exactly do you mean by that?" "quality time together, just like this. hanging around, cuddling and things like that." i laughed softly and placed a kiss on his cheek. jungkook turned his head to kiss me on the lips, a sweet and caring kiss, like always. he held me tight, as if fearing that someone might take me away from him.

"let's walk you home, okay?", he said, a warm smile on his lips, that did not reach his eyes. i nodded and intertwined my fingers with his, his warmth making me feel safe. "say, (y/n), do you know what do you want to do after graduation already?", jungkook asked me when we walked through the park. he had already graduated a year before me. "i don't really know. i want to help people, maybe i'll study psychology or medicine. even if it's said to be one of the most difficult." jungkook grinned and poked my cheek in a playful manner. "if somebody can do it, then it will definetely be you. my jagi is clever, after all." i blushed out of embarrassment. "k-kookie! don't say such things, they're not true!" "of course they are true!" we continued to bicker around, laughing all the time, until we arrived at my home.

"that was a great afternoon.", i smiled and stood on my tiptoes, wrapping my arms around his neck, looking into my boyfriend's dark eyes. "let's do that again anytime soon, okay?" jungkook nodded and placed a chaste kiss on my forehead, too chaste for my liking. i walked to the doorway and turned around, looking at the love of my life. he waved at me and i giggled to myself, forming a heart with my fingers, showing it to him. i saw him laughing, before he waved at me a last time, walking around the corner, leaving. "i love you.", i whispered to myself, knowing that he couldn't hear me.

i sat at the kitchen table, doing my english homework, when the telephone rang. not wanting me to interrupt my studies, my mother got up to answer the call. i heard her shuffling around, until she gasped. what happened? it didn't sound like a happy gasp, no, more like a shocked, even horrified one. i heard her mumbling, saying "yes" and "in about 30 minutes" and "goodbye". when she walked back into the kitchen, i immediateky knew something was wrong. her face held a pained expression and tears were brimming in her eyes.