44-♫-Waiting For Superman

Start from the beginning

            I look up briefly to see Teegan watching me, his jaw clenched tight.

            His eyes are glazed slightly as his eyes smolder with a pain no one will ever be able to explain. Maintaining eye contact with me, he shifts, opening his arms.

            I stare at him, sniffling, the tears sliding down my face.

            Standing up, I shuffle over and slide onto the bed.

            Teegan wraps his arms-slightly less muscular but none the less his- around me, enveloping me.

            He holds me so tight it almost hurt. With his lips on my neck, his breathing quiet, he silently rocks us back and forth.

            Never saying a word, Teegan kisses my cheek, my neck, my hair, anything within his reach, his touch soft.

            We all have things in this world that we miss because we know what it’s like to lose it.

            Teegan missed his music. When he sang, it something more than just a cute boy singing the lyrics to a love song, it was passion, it was beauty.

            It was a piece of him.

            And now, even though it wasn’t impossible for a deaf person to be a singer, he was having to go through this major setback.

            Last week, their almost record deal dropped them saying that ‘They (the company) would pick them up again once Teegan got better”. Zach still hasn’t said anything to Teegan about this, not wanting to upset him.

            Teegan was so silent, so quiet about everything. He took everything in on his shoulders, never saying anything about it. He knew that right now, he wasn’t the only one hurting. He knew that with him sick, the boys were having to have a set back on their dream as well.

            The day Teegan even remotely suggested for the band to break up and have the boys go their own ways was the day all hell broke loose.

            Zach stormed away in a fury, so pissed with tears in his eyes. Tro couldn’t even look us in the eye as I walked quietly away, his firsts clenched. And Trey? Trey only sat in the chair, his face in his hands, his shoulders shaking.

            It broke Teegan’s heart-even though he never said anything. Teegan only clenched his jaw and adamantly told them that it was for the best.

            And that’s what’s so great about Teegan Kemps. He was willing to sacrifice everything for the people he loved. He took the weight and soldiered through it all, because…that’s what he did. He was Teegan.

            He’s the type of person to keep his problems to himself, who remains positive despite all the odds.

            With the surgery, the fear, the pain, the disappointment, I don’t even know how he can handle it.

            Stroking my hair, Teegan places a tender kiss on my neck, his chin resting on my shoulder.

            “I love you,” he whispers softly.

~*~

            “This is going to sound weird, but I swear, I heard you scream as they pulled you away,” Teegan whispers softly, staring at the wall behind me as I sit in front of him.

            “You were-“ I break off, shutting my eyes as the memories fly back. “You were dead. Your heart stopped. How-“

            “I don’t know,” Teegan whispers, taking my hands. “but I just… I don’t know. All I know is that I heard you scream and when I woke up, you weren’t there.”