Chapter One

Here I am, under this big and tall tree. It's early May, it already has green thick leaves, it already protects me from the sun. I'm sitting under it, under the shade, alone with the only company of the wind, a book, my phone, and headphones. The book is very interesting, it's a fantasy book about wizards, it's way more interesting than my life...way happier. I feel good under this tree, I'm relaxed, and I can think clearly. Even though it's dangerous for me to think. Once I start thinking about me....everything goes bad. I'm here under the tree trying to forget things, trying to cope up, and not get sad. I'm trying to keep my hopes up...who am I kidding I can't do that. I'm trying to hide how upset I am, I don't want them to see me like this, I can't let them see me vulnerable. Life has beaten me so many times, it has knocked me to the ground in the worst ways possible. Life hasn't been fair with me, it has been very, very unfair. I know life is not easy, but nobody deserves the things that had happened to me, I don't wish them to anybody. I'm trying to escape this cruel reality, my cruel reality, but I can't. Things are there, and I have to face them I want to, or not. So here I am, trying to be or at least look strong. So many moments have contributed to this mental state I have, to this weakness inside of me.

Let's go some years back, where it all began.

Probably, even before it began, all the way to the real beginning. Let's go back to my parents love story, there is where it all begins.

Karol Davalos and Andrés Navarro, get forbiddingly in love. Why? Well here it goes.

Karol Davalos, young senior student in high school, in a small town in Jalisco, Mexico. Daughter of a humble couple with seven kids. Karol is an exceptional student, and daughter, even though her parents don't give her the best lifestyle. She has to work and basically take care of herself on her own, because her parents can't take care of her financially. If she's not at school, she's working, and at home she only receives mistreatment, and a bowl full of beans and a tortilla. Her life was never easy, she always had ripped shows, and never wore something new, it was always her sister's clothes. Worst of all, her mother was making her date a guy who she could only love as a friend, and was also her best friend's ex. She started working at the age of eleven as a maid, in the home of an old and lonely lady. She was kind enough and paid for my mother's tuition. After all, she was a wonderful and beautiful young lady.

On the other side, Andrés Navarro, the rebel of his family, but even though he is so reckless, he is the one who brings the money home. Didn't finish high school because he came to the USA, and started working at the age of 15. The son of a big family of nine kids, not counting the sibling that died at a young age. Tired of seeing his family suffer of poverty he decided to get into the workforce, and help with what he could. He found an honest job in construction, and made a decent living. Unfortunately, one party night he made the biggest mistake of his life. Drowned in alcohol he had sex with a woman, and she got pregnant. Unplanned, he had now a daughter coming. Like a gentleman, he took care of her daughter, and lived with the mother, but had a difficult relation. Sonia, a vicious woman who only cared about money, and climbing in social class, wanted to abort her child since she had aborted many before. At the end the girl was born, Monica Navarro.
Andrés decided it was time to stop just sending his mother money, and actually went to visit her with his new family. His mother met her new daughter in law and her granddaughter, but she never imagined it was a family that was already getting to an end.

One day, one warm afternoon, in a rodeo, a passionate, and consuming love flourished. Same town, similar history, same music likes, sharing so many things in common they loved, but never knew of each other's existence before.

Destiny had finally but them together that day, but we're they meant to be together?

Karol was sitting with her older sister, and other friends hanging out, they where laughing and she had a beautiful smile. Also, beautiful hair, eyes, lips, body, she was perfect. Dark brown hair, white and delicate skin. Pink passionate lips, and an angel's smile. Andrés, saw her from over where he was sitting with his friends drinking a few beers, his daughter's mother didn't come along with him because they had a big argument earlier that day. Andrés, decides to ask who she is, and stands up, and walks towards the beer man.