the other side (smut)

(unedited)

"Ash, will you be my boyfriend?" Luke's bright blue eyes were shining and he had a hopeful smile on his face.

"No."

"What the fuck Calum!"Luke exclaimed to Ashton's best friend. Him, Calum and Michael were all currently at Michael's apartment helping the blond think of a plan to ask Ashton to be his boyfriend. The raven haired man rolled his eyes in annoyance and leaned back into Michael's arms.

"That's too boring." He stated, and Michael nodded in agreement, wrapping his arms around the tanner man.

"There's only so many ways to ask someone out." Luke said exasperatedly "How did Mikey ask you out?"

"He wrote me a song." Calum smiled fondly at the green haired man and Luke squinted.

"The fuck mate. Why didn't you tell me?" Luke asked, surprised that his best friend didn't inform him of the news.

"Y'didn't ask." Michael said simply, shrugging lazily. Luke checked his phone and widened his eyes when he saw what time it was.

"Shit, I'm late." Luke started to grab his jacket and keys off of Michael's couch "I gotta go pick up Ashton from class." He ran out of the front door, but not before hearing a 'have fun asking Ash out' in a teasing voice from Calum.

When the blond was driving in his car, he felt nauseous. Today was the day that he was going to ask his beautiful hazel eyed neighbor to be his boyfriend. He pulled up to the curb he saw Ashton waiting at and unlocked the door for the brunet.

"Hey Hemmings." Ashton greeted, buckling his seatbelt on. Luke shot him a quick smile before turning back to the road. "Where we headed?"

"You hungry? Pizza sounds good to me right now." Luke answered and Ashton hummed in agreement.

When the two were seated with their pizza, all Luke could think about was being rejected. The brunet noticed how off the taller was being so he lightly kicked the blond's leg under the table.

"Wha- Sorry. Were you saying something?" Luke snapped from his trance and looked at the brunet. Ashton furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head no.

"Are you okay? You seem kinda off." Ashton told him. Luke nodded.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking." Luke answered, giving Ashton a small smile to relieve him from his worries. Ashton hummed in response, taking a bite from his pizza and placing it back down on his plate.

"What were you thinking about?" Ashton wondered, and the blond just shrugged.

'Oh nothing really, just about how I'm gonna ask you to be my boyfriend.' Luke thought to himself.

"What?" Ashton asked, his hazel eyed wide and mouth slightly agape. Luke mentally punched himself.

"Did I say that out loud?" Luke asked warily, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. He felt his face begin to heat up and cursed at himself.

"You did. Are you serious?" Ashton asked, a smile making his way onto his face. Luke nodded shyly. "Okay, yeah."

"Yeah? What?" Luke asked, confused.

"Yeah, I'll be your boyfriend." Ashton giggled the giggle that made Luke's heart swell.

"Really?" Luke smiled widely, looking at the brunet with his bright blue eyes.

"Why are you so surprised?" Ashton asked, amused with the blond. Luke slumped back into his seat.

"Because you called me an asshole when we first met." He said in a matter of fact voice. Ashton just rolled his eyes.