coffee date

(unedited)

Ashton ended up asking Calum to drop him off at the bar where he left his car at last night. When he thanked his best friend the raven haired man replied kindly with "do not get so fucking wasted again." Ashton glared at his friend before he finally got out of the car and into his own. On his way home he was thinking about whether or not he should ask Luke if he wanted to hangout later. Was he being too clingy? They just saw each other the night before. Second thoughts and doubts were running through his mind until he decided that he would just shoot him a quick text after his first class of the day. He made his way up the stairs to his apartment after deciding that shouldn't be a lazy ass and use the elevator. He stopped in his tracks when he saw a blond woman standing outside her neighbor's door. Her long hair was messy and shirt was buttoned halfway up. She was standing in the hallway barefoot with her arms crossed and had an angry expression looking through the opened door where he assumed his neighbor was standing in.

"Are you fucking serious? You're just gonna kick me out? If I knew you were such an asshole I would've never come over in the first pl—" The door was rudely and loudly slammed in her face causing Ashton to flinch at the noise. She shrieked angrily and hit the door with her heels she was carrying in her hand before turning around. She gasped in surprise when she saw Ashton and the hazel eyed man smiled sheepishly.

"Uh, sorry. I was just going into my apartment." Ashton apologized awkwardly, slowly making his way towards his door and the blond woman shot him an embarrassed smile, raising her arm to rub her neck with her hand.

"It's okay. I was just leaving." She said. "Did you know your neighbor is a complete asshole?" She asked, purposely yelling the last part in the direction of his neighbor's door. Ashton nodded, not mentioning how this sort of thing happens a lot to save her from even more misery and humiliation. She smiled gave him a friendly smile once again before picking up what little dignity she had left and walked past Ashton to the elevator. Ashton watched her retreating figure until she was in the elevator and waved before the doors slid closed. He then faced his neighbor's door and rolled his eyes before unlocking his own apartment door and slipping inside. Once he locked the door behind him, he immediately went to his bathroom to peel off his dry contacts from last night, brush his teeth and take a well deserved hot shower. When he got out of his steaming bathroom, he was hit by the cold draft in his room and shivered before hurriedly putting on the usual black skinny jeans and a comfortable grey hoodie. He opted on wearing his glasses for the day to give his eyes a break from sleeping with his contacts on and went back into the bathroom to dry his hair. After he was finished calming down his crazy curls, he checked his phone for the time and his heart fluttered when he saw that he had gotten a text from Luke a few minutes ago.

From: Luke
Hey Ash! I was just checking up to see if you're okay. Last night was fun. We should hangout again soon (:

Ashton had to physically stop himself from squealing like the inner teenaged 14 year old girl he was. He couldn't get over how sweet Luke was for this text and for kind of carrying him into his best friend's house while he was sleeping. The hazel eyed man had decided that this was the perfect time to ask Luke if he wanted to go grab cofffee with him after class.

To: Luke
Hi Luke! I'm fine and thanks for the drop off to Cal's house. I must've been a handful (literally lol) And I had a ton of fun too. Do you wanna grab some coffee with me or something after my classes today?

Ashton had spent a good five minutes quadruple checking his text to make it perfect and sent it before he could have any more second thoughts. It had been only three minutes since he sent it, and the hazel eyed man was starting to grow anxious. 'Maybe I overstepped my boundaries and he's creeped out.' Ashton thought, staring at his phone he had set on his nightstand, unpatiently shaking his thigh up and down. Ashton was about to rip his hair out from all the tension building up in his body until he heard his phone's ding signaling a text. He jumped up from his bed and unlocked his phone, nervously checking the text from Luke.