what are you doing here?

(unedited)

"James?" Ashton widened his eyes in horror when he looked through the open door to see his ex boyfriend standing there. "W-what are you doing here?" Luke furrowed his eyes in confusion until he recognized the name that Ashton had told him about when they first got together. He stood tall and straight next to Ashton in a protective manner and glared at the smirking blond who had his hair in a top knot and glasses perched on the bridge of his nose.

"Nice to see you too, Ash." James greeted sarcastically before quickly glancing at Luke then back down at Ashton with a raised brow. "Who is he?"

"I'm Ashton's boyfriend." Luke said proudly, wrapping his arm around Ashton's waist. The other blond scoffed before rolling his eyes and looked back at Ashton.

"We need to talk." James said, stepping to the side to make room for Ashton to walk out. "Alone." He added, shooting a look at Luke.

"Whatever you say to him you can say in front of m—"

"Luke it's fine. I can handle this." Ashton places his hand on his boyfriend's chest comfortingly before stepping out of the apartment with James. Luke shot him a worried look before turning to glare at James and shut the door softly, leaving the two in the narrow hallway.

"How'd you even know where I live?" Ashton asked.

"Your mum." The blond stated. "You didn't tell her what happened? She still likes me."

"Our mum's are like best friends. I didn't want to ruin everything." Ashton shrugged before looking at him with a glare. "What are you doing here?"

"Can we go somewhere else? I'm pretty sure your breadstick boyfriend is listening in." The blond asked, looking at the wooden door. Ashton sighed but nodded anyways before leading him into his old apartment. James looked around the empty apartment before looking back at Ashton with a questioning expression.

"I just moved into Luke's apartment today. This was my old one." Ashton explained and the blond nodded in understanding. "Now for the last time, James, what the hell are you doing here?" The brunet asked exasperatedly.

"Well Ash, I'm here to get you back." He said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. Ashton stared at him.

"Excuse me?" The brunet asked, clearly horrified. "You cheated on me James."

"And it was a mistake. A spur of the moment, terrible, terrible mistake. I love you Ashy." James said, grabbing Ashton's hand into his. The brunet quickly pulled his hands out of his grip.

"James I have a fucking boyfriend." Ashton told him "He's literally right next door."

"Forget him." The blond said, shrugging casually. "I know you love me, Ash."

"Go fuck yourself." Ashton blurted out, glaring at the taller blond "Go fuck Professor Bradley again." And with that, the brunet stormed out of the empty apartment and into Luke's. The blond looked up from the sudden intrusion to see his boyfriend with a distressed face.

"What happened?" Luke asked, walking up to the brunet and guiding him to the couch. They sat down and Ashton finally spoke.

"He told me that he wanted to win me back and that he still loves me." Ashton said and Luke's jaw clenched.

"What did you say?" Luke asked

"I told him to go fuck himself." Ashton said, sighing deeply. He rested his head on Luke's shoulder causing the blond to immediately wrap his arm around the brunet. "I'm sorry that he came here."

"No, no babe. Don't be. He's the asshole. He should be sorry he ever hurt you in the first place." Luke ran his fingers through Ashton's curls. They spent the rest of the night cuddling on the couch and watching movies until they both fell asleep, completely forgetting they had a problem and he was still next door.

This was a pretty short chapter ): I hope it was okay. James has gotta go fam. Don't forget to leave comments and vote this up!! love you all!
-jessica xx