"No. Go ahead. I know you're tired."

I smiled and touched his cheek with my hand. "Thank you Applehead. You gonna come join me later?"

"Of course," he leaned down and kissed my lips softly. "Now, go." He kissed me one last time and playfully hit my ass.

I yelped in surprise, making him laugh loudly. I playfully rolled my eyes and walked inside the house. I climbed the stairs and walked into Michael's room. I kicked off my shoes and jumped into the bed. I pulled the covers over me and drifted off to sleep.

Two Hours Later

When I woke up, the sun was shining brightly through the curtains. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 8:14am. I looked over and Michael was awake, looking right back at me.

"Morning sleeping beauty," he said.

"Mmm, morning," I giggled. I took a deep breath and let it out again. "How long was I out?"

"Like two hours. Nothing major."

"And you've been watching me sleep?"

He chuckled and grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers. "Yep I have, for the past 20 minutes."

I laughed and scooted closer to him. He smiled and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Carter, I wanted to talk to you about something," he said.

"What'd I do?"

"What do you mean?"

"You called me Carter," I explained. "You never say my actual name."

"I just wanna talk to you about that moment you had at the airport. When you were thinking about something but wouldn't tell me what it was."

"Michael, that was nothing. I was just bored and I zoned out."

"You know, its insulting that you think I don't know you better than that," he gave me a pointed look.

"What are you talking about?"

"I know you saw that little family that was at the airport, and I know what started to cross your mind."

I sighed and shook my head. I should know that Michael knows me too well.

"Baby, why couldn't you just tell me that you were thinking about the baby? I would've understood."

"Michael," I began. "I just....I feel like I should be past this by now. I hate feeling so weak and helpless too, you know that."

"Carter, we lost our daughter two months ago. Stop pushing yourself so much. We lost a baby, our child that we created together. Honestly, its probably never gonna get any easier but that's something that you have to come to terms with.

You need to stop holding things back from me, too. I'm your fiancée now. We're going to spend the rest of our lives together and I need to know that you trust me."

"Applehead, I do trust you. I've never been the best at expressing myself, though."

"I know baby but can you work on it please? For me?" He tilted his head to the side.

I laughed quietly and nodded my head. "Yeah. I'm sorry Michael."

"Its ok baby," he leaned in and kissed me softly. I smiled and relaxed into his arms.

"I love this feeling." I said.

"What feeling?"

"Being here, in your arms. I feel........safe."

"Well, good," he kissed my forehead. "Because its my job to keep you safe and I'm going to do that."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

I know its been awhile since I updated but a lot has been happening with me personally so I've been going crazy.

Also, I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to start setting goals for the number of comments and votes for a new update. This story has been lacking in votes lately, which sucks, so I think this is the best thing to do.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter and please comment, vote, and add this story to your libraries.

15+ votes & 5 comments??