8: Empty Your Sadness

Dedication to jelledee ! Thanks so much for reading and commenting and supporting this story, it means a lot! They have a Brendon Urie fanfic which is really good, so go check it out!

Comment "gotta catch em all" if you read this.

-----------------------------------------

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

And I can see the pain in you

And I can see the love in you

And fighting all the demons will take time

Angels or Devils, Dishwalla

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

I repeatedly passed the crumpled yellow paper between my hands. I curled and uncurled my fists, feeling the post-it note crumple between my fingers. I didn't need to look at it, as I had read it over and over again to the point where I could recall everything written on it.

I'm not even going to bother asking if you're okay because you're obviously not. I can tell you've had a really shitty day. Do you want to talk about it? You can meet me at my place or yours or call me or whatever you're comfortable with. Text me and let me know.

Pete x

I don't even remember him giving me the note. We didn't even talk during lunch. He must've slipped it in my bag or something when I wasn't looking. Jake and his friends had gotten to me again before class, and today seemed like nothing but a flashback of what happened when they beat me up the other day. I didn't mutter a single word throughout the entirety of class and lunch. Usually, I would at least write something on my paper in English. But instead, I sat there with my head in my hands as all of my thoughts screamed at me at once. The pain they inflicted on me, the pressure of making up with my ex-friends, the thoughts of being a burden, and my feelings for Pete were all crowding up my mind. I felt the weight of everything crashing onto my shoulders as it crept into my head and attempted to squeeze my brain out of my skull. 

If it had been anyone else, I would have told them that everything was okay, that I was just tired and I wanted to go home and sleep it off. But I had nobody else to turn to, and this was Pete. He actually, genuinely cared about everything I had to say.

The teacher in my current class was too preoccupied with whatever was on their computer screen to even look at the students, so I pulled out my phone.

To: Pete

I'll come I guess. I don't have a car or anything, though.

His reply was almost instantaneous, as he didn't have a class and was probably tired of reading poetry after 4 weeks.

From: Pete

That's totally fine. Meet me at the road in back of the school 10 after 2? I'm glad you're coming :)

I smirked, thinking about the double meaning of the last word.

To: Pete

Sure.

I put my phone away, not wanting to talk to anyone more than necessary. I felt the buzz of my phone in my pocket several times, and it was hard to resist grabbing it and spending the rest of the school day texting him.

---------------------------

I paced the sidewalk beside the road, waiting for Pete. The thoughts of anxiety began to creep into my head. What if he didn't show up? What if he forgets about me? What if he doesn't show up on purpose? What if this was a prank, and he was going to leave me stranded with no way home? What if he does show up, and someone sees me getting in his car?