chapter 20

Matt's P.O.V

I finally got my chance and took those two disgusting witches away from Riley and the Blood Moon Pack. It wasn't easy, it took a lot of time and patience, but I managed. I know Ali is Riley's mate and all, but she's not like us. Witches don't need to be Luna's or even mates with us. I did Riley a favor, he will think me later. I just got to keep this a secret from him, he can't know that it was me that let the rogues on our territory or that it was me that took his beloved mate. I would be dead if he ever found out.

Ali's P.O.V

I sat on the bed staring at the wall. I was still upset that it was Matt that planned for me and my mom to be captured. He was Riley's best friend and freaking beta for crying out loud! I was so deep in thought that I didn't even noticed my mom coming in the room.

"Honey are you ok?" She asked while running my back.

I nearly jumped out of my skin. "Mom don't ever sneak up on me like that, you nearly gave me a heart attack." I said while standing up.

"Oh honey I didn't mean to startle you. I just got worried, you haven't been down stairs all morning."

Shit! If Matt finds out I haven't helped any, no telling what he may do to me.

"I'm so sorry I left you alone mom, did they do any harm to you?" I asked while sitting back down next to her.

She just shook her head. "No my sweet Alison, I told them you was sick and had a headache. They just pushed it aside and made me do twice the work."

"Oh mom, I'm so sorry, just finding out that Matt is the main wolf here disgust me. He's suppose to be Riley's best friend!" I said to her with tears pouring down my face.

She just scooted closer to me and held me tight. She patted me on the head and told me everything will eventually be ok. Yeah, eventually I thought.

I decided to get up and go take a nice long shower, it was a couple hours till dinner. So I had just enough time. I went to the bathroom and turned the shower on, while I was waiting for it to warm up, I stood there looking at myself in the bathroom mirror. The person staring back at me couldn't be me. She had large bags under her eyes, her hair stuck out everywhere, she basically looked dead. Being here and away from my Riley was taking its toll on me. I just want to go home.

"Honey are you ok in there?" I heard my mom yell.

"Yeah mom just thinking." I told her while getting into the shower.

The water was the perfect temperature. I stood there letting the water fall on me, thinking about how to escape. Yes I said escape. I'm sick of being these stupid rogues slave. I'm sick of being demanded all the time, and I'm sick of not being near Riley. He was right tho. The pull that we have is strong, even tho I'm not a wolf, I can still feel the connection. Don't ask me how, because I really don't know.

After being in the shower for a half an hour, I finally got out and put on my bath robe. I opened the door only to find my mom not in the bedroom. She must of went to do more chores. So I made my way to closet to get dressed. Matt made sure that we had enough clothes to wear. I don't understand any of this, why is he treating us good when he hates our kind? I will get to the bottom of this!

I put on a light pink tank top with black leggings and a pair of bobs. I decided to just put my hair up in a messy bun. I didn't really feel like "dressing" up. All I'm doing is fixing supper for these disgusting rogues and then cleaning up.

I'm still trying to find a way to escape. Yes I'm a witch and witches are suppose to have power. But you see, when I was little there was a protective spell put on me to keep me safe, and with that being said I can't use my powers. I don't have the ability anymore, unless the witch who put the spell on me takes away the protection shield that's over me. My mom is the same way.  So that's why I haven't killed these stupid rogues yet!!

I went to the kitchen and joined my mom in cooking. We made steak, baked potatoes and a salad. The rogues ate everything, and then went out for their nightly routine of running and trying to destroy other packs. I haven't seen of heard from Matt any in two days. I wonder where he is and what he's up too, but I do know it can't be good.

I helped my mom clean up and then went outside to think some more. You're probably thinking 'why don't I just take a run for it.' Well the reason being is that Matt makes sure there's at least two guards here at all times. I'm not about to get beaten again. So I just sat on the back porch and thought. I have a pretty good idea what I'm going to do, I just have to wait till the right time. This is going to be epic, and I know it's going to work. It just has too!