Chapter 8

Riley's P.O.V

Did I mention how I hate paper work? Well I'm mentioning it now. I HATE paper work!! But being Alpha of the biggest pack in Texas I have to do stuff like this a lot. As soon as I mark my mate and she officially becomes Luna of the Blood Moon Pack, then she will help me with all this paper work and it will be so much easier. Speaking of mates, I really hope Ali will accept me and let me mark her. She will be an amazing Luna. She has a big heart, and is very sweet. Every one that meets her seems to fall in love with her. Gosh I'm so lucky she's the one. Now I just have to figure out a way to tell her about me.

I had such a good time with Ali today at our little picnic, I really didn't want to leave. But duty called. Matt mind linked me and told me about rogues being seen near the border. I hate rogues, all they do is try to harm packs and take what's not theirs.

*knock, knock* I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard someone knocking on my office door.

"Come in." I said.

Matt walked in and looked kind of aggravated. Him and his mate Trisha has been arguing a lot, I have no idea why. He didn't really want to tell me all the details, so I didn't really push him for the answers. I know eventually if he wants to tell me he will.

" What's up Matt, why so gloomy?" I asked him, while putting all my paper work away.

"Ah man, this stuff with Trisha and these stupid rogue attacks. Seems like we can't ever catch a break." He said while slumping down in the chair.

I feel bad before him, I really do. Matt's like my brother, I hate seeing him like this. I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed. I looked up at him and just couldn't help what came out of my mouth next.

"Bro, I really believe you need to take a little break away from Trisha. I know you all are mates, and mates are suppose to stick by each others side no matter what, but dude I see how bad this is affecting you and I can't stand to see my brother, my Beta like this."

He just looked up at me with so much sadness in his eyes, for a second I thought he was going to cry.

"Yeah, man I know. I just wished she wasn't so moody toward me. I've done everything I can think of and she still doesn't appreciate nothing. Sometimes I feel like she's going to reject me and I can't stand that feeling. I love her so much, I don't know what to do. All I know is I can't lose her man." He simply said with a very shaky voice.

I sighed and got up and sat down in the chair next to him. I looked up at him and said "man, I know it's rough but keep your head up. Everything will be ok eventually, I promise you."

He looked over at me and smiled and said "thanks bro, it means a lot to me that I can talk to you about this stuff."

I just smiled and laughed a little. Matt wasn't the type to ever express how he feels, but with me it's different. I guess it's where we have known each other since we were in diapers.

"So what's been going on with you man, how was your date with Ali?" He said to me.

I just smiled and remembered our date today.

"Dude it was perfect. She's amazing and every time I'm around her I can't help but smile like an idiot." I said and he just laughed and shook his head.

"Well would you look at this, the Alpha is whipped." He laughed and smacked me on the arm.

I couldn't help but laugh, maybe I am whipped, but damn there's just something about her that drives me wild. I can't keep this secret from her any longer, I have too tell her soon. That's if Melanie hasn't told her yet. Her and Melanie are best friends, and she's also part of my pack and my cousin. I actually like the idea that Melanie befriended her so quick.

"Well you never know man, I can't help it." I said while getting up and stretching.

He just shook his head, patted me on the back and left. It was a little after nine, and I remembered that after I got done with everything, I was suppose to go over to Ali's. Even though we spent a little time together earlier today, I was still slightly nervous. Tonight, I'm going to tell her what I am. Goddess I hope she doesn't reject me.