Synonyms: Chapter 9

:D Hello! How are you holding up? Good? Great ;x  Here’s another chap! ;O Something different happens in this chapter. Hope you all enjoy! ^^ (Picture of Kenji's father at right;3)

_____________________________________________________________________________

Kenji’s POV

                I heard a light knock on my bedroom door.

“Come in” I shouted, I knew exactly who it was.

My father walked in slowly and sat on my bed, looking at me. I was sitting at my computer desk, staring at the computer screen. I had a research paper to hand in on Monday, which was a day from now.

“Kenji” My father called, after waiting a while.

“Yes?” I answered, still looking at my computer screen.

“Son, look at me.” He demanded, growing impatient.

I spun my chair around to face him.

“Son..” He started, wiping his forehead.

“I want to apologize for the way I’ve been acting lately.” He finally managed.

I looked into his eyes and sighed loudly.

“Dad, don’t worry about it. I know you’re frustrated with our circumstances.” I replied, looking down. As much as I didn’t like my father, I had to respect his feelings regardless.

“Thank you, son….i came up here to just talk to you about…you.” He spoke, shifting his position into a more comfortable one.

My eyes widened and I looked at him in horror.  My dad wants to talk to me. About what? School? Yeah, perhaps it’s about school. I softened my expression and began.

“Well, school is going fine. As usual I’m making straight A’s in every subject.” I nodded. I then pointed to my computer screen.

“I’m actually working on my research paper for Modern History.” I grinned.

My father smiled weakly and his eyes slowly shifted to the floor.

What was he thinking? He looked saddened all of a sudden. I waited anxiously for him to speak; I knew he was going to soon.

“Talk to me about the girl.” He demanded, looking up into my eyes with a stern expression.

My heart began to race and I quickly broke eye contact with him.

“What girl?” I asked, hoping he didn’t notice the shakiness in my voice.

“Kenji, I saw you with her at school on countless occasions.” He stated, coming out of his comfortable position to appeal more serious.

Kenji swallowed hard and began to wipe his sweaty palms onto his jeans.

“Sh-she’s just a friend of mine.” I managed, still looking at the ground.

My father suddenly stood up and stood right in front of me.

“Stand up, son.” He demanded, looking down at me.

I did as I was told and stood from my seat. We were now eye-to-eye with each other.

“Now, don’t you lie to me boy” He spoke into my face, filling my nostrils with his coffee inhabited breath.

“Dad, she is just a-“

“Do you like her?” He cut me off, still holding his firm stance.

I sighed deeply. I guess a father really does know his son.