V: THE MORNING AFTER

ابدأ من البداية

"Well, in all fairness, I didn't know that you worked here, Ava," he pointed out, taking out his wallet to pay for the comic book, "And I am not a nerd."

"Sure, whatever you say...nerd," Ava continued to taunt before changing the topic, "You get home alright?"

"Yup, you?"

"I got home fine, but my roommate had to give me a five hour lecture before I could go to bed. And now later tonight I have to go on some stupid double date thing."

Luke pouted at the sound of her on a date, double or not. In all honesty, he couldn't picture her with anyone else on a date, but himself. That was practical, right? He knew what boys out there were capable of and he didn't want a sweet girl like Ava to get hurt, that must be why he didn't want her to go.

Or maybe he was just jealous.

"A double-date?" Luke asked, shaking his head, "I think you should just bail. I mean, double dates are usually very awkward and weird so I, yeah, I wouldn't go."

Ava raised an eyebrow, a smirk on her lips, "Is that so? Hmm, I don't know. It could be fun and this guy could be pretty cool. The possibilities are endless."

She was teasing him, watching him as he cleared his throat and licked his lip, rubbing the nape of his neck. Luke knew it, too; she had a strong affect on him. He stuttered and stammered while she leaned closer towards him, almost tauntingly, cupping her hand around her ear to exaggerate her actions.

"Sorry, what was that?"

She wouldn't admit it, but how close she was to him made her nervous, and she could tell that it made him nervous. If one of them took one more step closer, they'd be kissing.

Not that she was thinking about kissing him.

"I am just saying," Luke squeaked out, uncomfortable with how weak Ava made him feel, especially since it was usually the other way around with other people, "G-guys, they, we suck! Okay, we suck. So I don't want you to get hurt, and, and stuff. You know?"

When she seemed pleased, Ava backed up, causing Luke to verbally let out a gigantic sigh of relief. His heart hammered against his ribs. His eyes flickered down to her lips subconsciously, before he stopped himself and realized he had things to do.

He checked the time, "I've really got to get going, see you around, Morrison."

Luke didn't want to leave, but he couldn't stay around much longer either. Him and her were barely friends, it'd be weird either way, though undoubtedly he wanted to spend more time with her and get to know her even more, like the other night.

Ask for my number, you idiot! Ava screamed in her head, but she simply waved a goodbye, "See you around, Hemmings."

Luke was about to walk out the door, when suddenly, a voice boomed from under the counter, scaring both him and Ava.

"Ask for her number, dummy!"

Ava blushed and threw Luke a sheepish smile, quick to kick Michael - who was still on the floor -  harshly, causing him to wince in pain, but really, she was thankful that he shouted something out like that. Luke gave her a look like he was saying I'm not even gonna ask, but walked back to the counter, his cheeks reddening by the minute. They had switched numbers, punching it into each other's phones, before Luke really had to leave, his hand lingering on hers for a couple seconds as he handed her back her cell.

When Luke exited, Michael groaned from where he was on the floor, his head using a box as a pillow. "You have no idea how excruciating it was to listen to you two twatbags flirt, god, get a room."

"Oh, be quiet. We weren't flirting, we're just friends. And twatbag, really? Real, mature, Michael. Real mature."

"I could use a thank you for getting his number for you, you know. My genius doesn't deserve to be taken for granted, Ava," He said matter of factly, pushing himself up off the floor.

Ava kicked him again.

•••

this is probably the most i have ever written for a chapter, which is sad cause this is only 2047 (minus the authors notes) words, but anyways, ur welcome.

this was so bad i am sorry, and it's more of a filler/chapter that keeps the plot moving a bit faster, but i hope you enjoy. i am trying my best to make this cute, but i am not sure if it's even working. the double date is in the next chapter and i am 99.9% sure that all of you know what's going to happen there (or do you? hmmm we'll see.) (jk it's supposed to be predictable until i figure out a plot twist.)
(or maybe not and the plot twist will be that there is no plot twist) (idk my life is as big of a mess as this book is)

anyways, hope you enjoyed this piece of trash. my slfl show is in four days and aSHTON IS TURNING TWENTY TWO IN ONE DAY WHAT I REMEMBER WHEN HE JUST TURNED 19 BRB CRYING ANF OH JFC LUKE IS TURNING TWENTY I REMEMBER WHEN I GREETED HIM HAPPY 18TH BDAY ON TWITTER