17.

"If you take him back, girl I swear." Nyla said as she rested on my couch. She came right over after I called and told her about Derek and I in the parking lot.

"Nyla." I trailed sighing

"Jazzy! Don't. He's been up to no good and who's to say he won't find more coke and get right back into that fuck shit."

She was right, I didn't want to see him stuck in drugs. I couldn't be with him if he was stuck in drugs.

--

Derek was now over at my apartment. We sat on the couch watching a movie and he noticed the look on my face was not happy. My mind kept flashing back on when he was killing himself slowly from the cocaine use.

"Mami what's wrong?" He asked and I felt his arm go around my shoulder.

I shook my head, "nothing." I said softly. My eyes landed on his normal looks. How could he go back into drugs when he told me himself he felt healthier. But I didn't want to take the risk of taking him back.

"Derek." I started off.

"Hm?" He asked looking at me.

"I don't want you to think that this right here is starting us back together. I just miss having you around, as a friend."

I knew that word hit him like a bullet, I friend zoned him real quick.

"You really just friend zoned me." He said in disbelief.

"D look-"

He cut me off, "no, don't do that." He stood up.

"where are you going?"

"I'm leaving, I knew cleaning up wouldn't do shit. I'm trying so hard for you and you keep turning me down, Jasmine."

In a blink he was out of the apartment and he slammed the door. I jumped from the sound. I sighed. I wanted him back, trust me I do. But I can't be with a drug addict and trying to get him clean whilst I'm running a business.