Chapter 5. In the Morning

I woke up at around 1 pm and i was a lazy butt and didn't write this chapter before :P

"Are you sure you're ok Marinette?" Tikki asked worriedly, floating around my head. The room growing more and more quiet as she finished her question. The only other sound being a clock on one of the walls; which read 25 minutes shy of 1 a.m. 

It was incredibly late, and I was really tired. Doesn't help that Adrien took his sweet time making sure that I was completely fine. And then he showed me where I could sleep for the night. Said his house has a few guest bedrooms at least. 

"I'm still kind of shaken up. But I think I'm going to be fine. Thank you Tikki." I say quietly in case Adrien didn't fully walk away yet. Never can be too careful. What if he heard me talking? Then I'd have to explain with some lie, and I am not willing to do that. "I just want to go to sleep." I sit down onto the bed; exhaustion came to me like I was hit by a car. 

"Good night Marinette" 

"Good night Tikki" I yawn, getting comfortable underneath the blankets. Sleep finally comes not long after. 

~~~~

Knock knock. 

I lazily open my eyes as knocks were repeatedly made on the door. Groaning, I rub the sleep from my eyes. It takes a minute for memories to catch up with me. Those things and the fact that I am in my amazingly pink room made me wake up instantly. No sign of sleep any where. Jolting up in bed, Tikki says in a soft voice "finally!" 

She floated up to me from where she was sitting on the bed. "I've been trying to wake you up without Adrien hearing me. Harder than you would think." The knocking didn't stop, only when I yelled at it did it finally stop. 

"Hold on!" I scrambled out of bed, almost falling as well as forgetting the fact that my hair is a complete mess. I think that it fell out of my pig tails when I was asleep. I got to the door, saying "what" as I opened it. 

He blinked at me before a small smile appeared. "Good morning. School starts in about 20 minutes and you don't have your backpack. I think we should probably stop by your house so you can get it." 

"'Kay, j-just give me a few minutes."

~~

We walked to my house after I told him I was ready to go. My pig tails fixed, my face washed and everything. It took close to 10 minutes to get there. And Adrien filled the time with small talk that made a nice atmosphere. As my house and bakery comes closer, I dig out the key from my pocket. I unlock the front door, thinking that I should bee nice and offer something from the bakery. 

I open the door. "Help yourself to any food while we're here."

"Are you sure I can?" 

My parents own the place. I'm sure they wouldn't say no. I simply smile at him, nodding my head.  Before he could say anything else, I walk up to my room. Leaving him to stand in the bakery. My bag sits on the lounge in my room. Everything quiet. An uneasy feeling settles in my stomach. 

I put on the backpack as I go walk back down the stairs and back to where I left Adrien. Only to laugh at the sight of him with a croissant in his mouth, another in his hand as well as some cheese. "Glad you decided to get something to eat." I said, walking closer to him. 

But stopping dead in my tracks as I saw what he was looking at. 

There, sitting on the counter, was the box that was now an addition to my nightmares. 

My breathing hitched as I continued to stare at the box. Adrien was silent as he looked at the note and pictures. 

"Oh my god..." He mumbled after looking at all of it. "Ok," He started, much more louder than before. "I take back what I said last bight. You're going to the police about this, whether or not the guy is still here. Right after school. I'll come with you if you want."

I nod my head, not able to think of anything else. Slowly, I look up at him. Catching a glance of the time from a nearby clock. My eyes widen when I look at the time. I gasp before talking. "Oh my gosh we're going to be late!" Only a few minutes to go before school starts. I grab his hand and start running towards school. Hearing Adrien laughing slightly as we run.