Chapter 4. Hot chocolate!

"C-can I come i-in?" I hear her ask sheepishly. She looks around again, tears forming in her eyes as she waited for me to answer. The way Marinette hunched her back made me worry. She's acting very scared and I really don't like that. Of all the time I've known her, she has never acted like this. Even when she was being targeted by Evillustrator.

She stares at me while still standing in the doorway. Oh right! I was to much in my thoughts to answer her. Geez Adrien. Give her an answer already! I think to myself.

Quickly nodding a reply, I get out of the way to let Marinette in. She gets inside, not noticing the fact that it is quite late, and that I totally do not look like I have slept yet. Only a little questionable. But then again, so is this whole situation. "Marinette, what's wrong?" Concern laced in my voice. She looks back up at me, her hands hugging her sides as she looked at me.

She takes a deep (although a little shaky) breathe after she stumbles on her voice. "I w-walked downstairs to lock the door and stuff. B-but uh... T-t-there w-was a block and white box," she looked down at the ground. Making it hard to see her face. "there w-were pictures of me i-inside it. M-most were with Alya or you guys. B-but one was i-i-in m-my room t-through my window. S-s-someone w-was..." tears fall out of Marinettes eyes and onto her cheeks. I instinctively reach out to her. My hands making their way to Marinettes shoulders in an effort to comfort her.

"Someone was following you." I say for her. Ladybug was saying the same thing not an hour ago. The exact same thing. Could Marinette be the black spotted hero that I love? Same hair, same beautiful blue eyes, same height. There's even more similarities between them as I continue to make ties between Marinette and Ladybug. Holy cow it all makes sense now. It's all so clear now, how could I have been so blind!

Marinette HAS to be Ladybug.

If she's not, I have no idea who else it could be.

Getting back to the matter at hand, Marinette had nodded her head. Although only a little reply, I let a small sigh. I quickly think back to the conversation I had with Ladybug. Lets see... Oh! I told her if she had a friend she could stay with for the ni-waaaaiiiittt a minute...

HOLY COW AM I THE FRIEND!??!

Oh my god, I'm totally the friend.

But why would she go to me first? Well I can't really ask her that. That would be a little weird right now. Maybe later.

"Do you need to spend a night here?" I try to make it sound like I don't know why she's here. Hopefully she won't catch onto me.

Marinette weakly nods her head before quickly stuttering a sentence. "I-if its not too much trouble! I w-wouldn't want to cause any trouble to your or your dad or anything. I'm just so scared about this whole thing and a friend said that I should go spend a night with someone. Alya is already asleep and I wouldn't want to wake up her or her family and Nino is already out of the question and I could only think of you for help u-unless you don't want me to s-s-spend a night at your house that's totally fine! But I-I just-OoOooh gosh, I'm rambling again I just really just stop talking right now." There was now a pretty big blush covering her face as she frantically looked everywhere except my eyes 

"No it's not a problem at all. You can certainly stay the night. But we'll have to figure out what to do about this box thing." I tell Marinette. She nods her head once again. "Now, do you need anything to calm down?" 

"M-maybe..." 

Without saying another word, I lead her to the kitchen. Perhaps I can make some hot chocolate for the both of us. Honestly I'm surprised that there even is hot chocolate in our kitchen. Luckily we do though. I wordlessly make the beverage, keeping an eye on Marinette from the corner of my eye. 

She's still pretty shaken up.  

After a while, the hot chocolate is good and ready. I hand one cup to Marinette, already starting to drink my own. Her hands hold onto the warm cup, staring at it with unblinking eyes. 

"How about after school tomorrow, you go to your house and see if the guy is still there." I start to tell her. But before I could continue, she starts to talk. 

"B-but w-what if he's s-still there?!" she looked abruptly up at me, fear woven through her expression.

"Ok, ok. Do you know how long this guy has been following you?" 

Marinette stays silent for what seems like forever. Not soon enough, she speaks. "I-I don't know. I've been getting so much attention from t-the Jagged Stone album cover t-that I can't r-really remember anybody a-acting suspicious. T-there seems to always be someone asking for an autograph or something." Oh I know that feeling. Ugh.

But anyways, "So it's safe to say that he might have been following you for a couple weeks. You should go and talk to the police. They'll know what to do about it." Marinette nods her head and drinks her drink. 

WOOO I FINISHED IT!! I know it's not tuesday but I felt bad that I didn't get to it sooner. So here's chapter 4, hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! 

And thank you PATD0FOB0MCR0TOP for wishing me luck on finals. Hopefully Arts and I did well on our tests. I'm pretty sure I did horrible on geometry though... OH WELL! Writing is more fun :P

~CluelessWriting1