Chapter 2. A Box

I sat at my desk, spacing out a little. I could care less about what we're learning about. It was a short break anyways. The thought of my parents not being here for 3 weeks is stuck on my mind, unable to get away from my train of thought. I love them, and I know that they want to do this order, but I can't help but feel uneasy. 

I'll be alone for 3 weeks. I won't be able to keep up the bakery if there's an akuma attack. What if an akuma happens when I'm baking, or helping a customer? I can't just make them leave, and what if I accidentally burn the house down?? Ughhh

Not to mention those weird feelings I've been getting. 

Once in a while I'ld feel uncomfortable, anxious, tense. It could be anywhere. Whether if I was with Alya, or if I was just working counter in the bakery. The hair on the back of my neck would stand on all ends, and I would feel like I was being watched. But whenever I would look around for the source of it, I would find nothing. Not a thing or person would be around to cause the unsettling feeling. 

"Hey Marinette, are you alright?" I hear a male voice ask me, suddenly realizing that my friends were staring at me. I snap out of my daze, quickly turning my head to the three people who looked at me with concern. I stared back at them for a second before remembering one of them had asked me a question. "Huh?" I ask quietly. 

Adrien shifts in his seat, now facing me more than he had been before. "I asked if you're alright," he says, his green eyes gazing into my blue eyes with concern lacing in his. Alya and Nino were quiet as they waited for me to answer his question. I start to stutter an answer before I take a deep breath and continued. "I'm fine. I was just thinking is all." I give them a smile before the teacher gets nack to talking, getting the class started up again. 

~

The sun stands high in the sky, a nice blue fills the sky. Barely any clouds in the blue sky. Class had gotten out for lunch not to long ago and I have no idea of what I should do. People were still around the school, I was debating on what I could do. 

I could go and see if I could go eat at home. But I don't want to feel like a burden if my parents were busy, and what if they had already left? They didn't say when they would leave, only said that it would be around noon, if not afternoon. 

"Hey, do you want to go eat lunch together?" I ask Alya, looking down at my stuff. I don't really want to eat by myself. 

"Yeah! Are we going to your house?" 

"N-no, my parents aren't going to be gone for a few weeks and their preparing for it right now. I wouldn't want to disturb them" 

Alya looks back at me, a small smile playing on her lips as she hangs her arm around my shoulders. "Ok, hooooww about that cafe from yesterday? That sound good?" 

"Yes!" I beamed at the girl. "More smoothies, no problem with me." 

"Wait, hold on girl," Alya says after a minute. She turns around, quickly moving to some people I didn't quite see from where I was standing. I vaguely hear her talking before she gets insanely loud and jogs her way back over to me. The boys walking up behind her. "Hey, Nino and Adrien are going to come with us... Hope your ok with that." She said, a teasing smirk on her as she stared at my now blushing face. I nod my head, not exactly trusting myself talking right now. 

It's the second day talking with Adrien so much and I really just want to control all of my stuttering. We all walk down to the cafe we hung out at yesterday. 

~

I walk down the street, my mind thinking back to the 3 weeks I'll be spending alone in my house. My feet moving in front of the other as I mindlessly walk to my home. 

School had already been out for the day, about 10 minutes ago. 

I make it home before I realize it, my parents put their things in a car that sits outside the bakery. They tell me that they are leaving soon, and to do all my homework and stuff like that. "Bye" I tell them before they move into the car and drive off to where the client told them to come to. 

I sigh and go inside, favoring to go to my room. 

I let Tikki out of my purse when I get in, since there's nobody and all. Now, what can I do? I don't have any homework surprisingly and don't have patrol until later. Hmmm... Eh, I'll just go and work on some designs. 

I get out the sketchbook I have on my desk, opening it to my most recent design. I work on it for a while before I look over to the clock. It was getting closer to the set time Chat and I had made for patrol. The sky starting to turn different shade of pinks. Lights beginning to turn on in people's homes. Speaking of which, I should probably turn on a light. Wouldn't want people try and break in while I'm on patrol. How ironic would that be? 

I close my sketchbook and open the trap door to the living room. Quickly flipping the light switch on as I enter. I walk downstairs, Tikki following closely behind me. Before I could do anything, I hear a small knock on the glass door to the bakery. My face contorts in confusion as I make my way toward the door. A small black and white box sits on the welcome mat. "What is it?" I hear Tikki ask from inside the bakery. "I don't know..." I mumble, not sure of the answer to her question. 

With the box in my hand, I turn around to go back inside. Inside I start to lift the top of the box, finding a note ontop of what I think is a few photos. Without even thinking, my hand reaches for it and began to read the note. 

I hope to see you in person Marinette. I'm sure you'll like me. I also hipe you like my photography skills, I've been practicing. 

Love J.V.

J.V.? Who the heck is J.V.? I toss the note to the counter, placing the box next to it. And what is the 'photographic skills' this person is talking about? Questions fill my mind as I continue to go through the box. 

I gasp, quickly forgetting about anything I was asking in my head. All thought and reason escaping my mind as I stare at the 4 photos in my hand. The first of Alya and I talking at school. The second of us at the park. Third, me talking to my friends at the cafe. The last, and creepiest once you think about it, is of me alone in my room. I can only assume that it was taken from across the street from my room. The only possible way for that angle of my window being across the street. 

My breath quickens and my body starts to shake. 

S-someone has been watching me... I think, barely processing this. I hear somewhat hear Tikki speaking. She asked if I'm ok, asked what I'm going to do. I can't think. What am I going to do? My parents aren't here, it's already late, I can't ask Alya. I know that she's already asleep. Now what...

A thought sparks in my mind. And before I could think, I had already yelled spots on. 

I stand where I was, now Ladybug. I quickly move up to my room and out to the street of Paris. My mind blank as I began running to where Chat Noir and I normally meet up before patrol.