Chapter 21

Hello guys and finally I was able to update again...

Sorry for the long wait...you know the usual school stuff I had to do and it was a lot but I hope you all like this chapter...
------------------------
Kate's POV
Today is the day.......or night.....hahahaha

What every senior and junior student is waiting for is finally happening right this moment.....

I can't believe that it's already prom night....I still remember the days where we always were in a hurry just to pass our projects on time and when we need to study for the finals just to get good grades and to be able to go to the university we wanted.....well it turns out that the four of us wanted to at the same college.....De La Salle University.....

Well back to the main topic......

I was busy looking at myself that I didn't notice my mom shouting at the top of her lungs for me to get down already or else....I don't know what she meant by that but just hearing 'or else' made me come down without wasting anytime....

Slowly but surely I went down the stairs so that I wouldn't trip and cause a scene....by the time I nearly reached the end of the stairs a figure caught my eye.....it was Josh....

He looked different, I didn't mean that he's weird but a different kind of different....you know what I mean....I know and you also know that he looks good everyday but he looks more handsome....I emphasized the word more in my statement....

It me a long time looking at him that I came back to my senses and noticed that he was looking right back at me with a smile on his face....now that made me blush....now he definitely saw me looking or checking him out....

I showed myself and my parents saw me with great amazement in their eyes....

My mom approached me and said...."You are absolutely wonderful tonight Kate my darling, look how you've grown through the years, I still remember when you were little....you always wanted me to buy you a dress because you told me that you wanted to wear something new everyday and that your crush would notice you.....old times...." My mom said

And just by hearing that made me blush instantly and luckily my dad seemed to notice the tension or the embarrassment somewhat in the air...

"Now honey...we don't want the kids to be late for their special night right? So we might as well give them the whole night to themselves but don't forget young man..." My dad was looking directly at Josh, "bring her home by 12 and 1 is the latest..." My dad said

And Josh nodded in agreement...and finally we are out of the house and going to his car...it was sometimes nice being out of the house because it gives me a sense of freedom as a teenager to do whatever I want and to do the things I wasn't able to do before...

We both got in the car and he drove silently, none of us attempted to speak until he broke off the silence that was starting to pile up...

"Hey, are you nervous? Don't be...you look great by the way..." He said.

"Kind of because this is my first time attending one and since I didn't attend last year's prom so yeah a bit...thanks and I don't look great...I just look my usual self, the only difference is that I'm wearing make up and a dress that's all nothing so special about it I'm sure other girls would look prettier than me, but thanks for the compliment..." I said to him and looked out the window and after a while I felt his hand holding my other hand and it sent tingles down my spine and I looked at him to see him looking at the road and suddenly he spoke and said....