Chapter 7

Kate's POV
It's Monday already, time really does moves fast. I woke up earlier than my alarm, I don't know why, maybe because of what happened last Friday. For the past few days, I feel so cheerful and energetic, I don't know what's gotten into me lately. After doing my daily routine I went down to eat breakfast with my parents, I was just in time to eat.

"Good morning honey, you seem happy today." Mom said
"Good morning too mom, this is nothing, I'm always happy." I said with a cheerful smile.
"You sure your smile means nothing because you seem different today and I didn't have to wake you up in bed. And you come down here feeling all jolly and happy, maybe something or someone made you happy." Mom said.
"Mom, this is nothing ok, I just feel like this is going to be a great day and I'm gonna like it." I said

"Ok, by the way how's your practice with Josh last time?" Mom asked me.
"It went out well, we already agreed on a song and we're gonna practice it again later in his house if that's fine with both of you." I said
"Sure you can go but don't be late for dinner later."
"Thanks mom and dad, you're the best. And I need to go to school now, I don't wanna be late." I said

While I was walking to school, I was thinking about the what happened last Saturday with him. Was I really starting to like him, I think Alexa was right, "don't judge a book by its cover" because I still don't know his background and about his life and the key to understanding a person is getting to know personally and that's what we both did. Well so much for thinking about it, I didn't notice I was already in front of the school campus and I saw Alexa running towards me.

"Good morning Kate, how did your weekend go? Don't ask about mine 'cause all I did was study and stay in the house watching movies. Now tell yours, I'm sure there is something you want to tell me with that smile on your face, I can tell you had a good and great weekend." Alexa said
"I'll tell you but can we go inside first so we don't block other students coming in." I said.
"Ok, now I feel really excited about your story." Alexa said

We were walking towards our room and sat down at the back. And I started telling her about what happened.
"Well, first of all, a text message woke me up and I looked at the sender and the name flashed in the phone was Josh's name." I said
"Wow, early in the morning and he sends you a text message and what did he say to you, let me guess. Um....... "Good morning or miss you already or can we hang out today because I'm bored" she said
"First of all none of the above and he texted me to come down because he's downstairs and waiting for me so we can talk about the project, you know the music recital we have to finish and perform by pair. So, I went to he kitchen where they all are. I saw mom and dad sitting side by side and I sat beside Josh, next I asked my mom how did she know Josh and she told me she knew Josh's mom since they were in high school and they still stay in contact so Josh in not a stranger in our house. And also he asked me if we can go to his house, you know what he also asked permission from my mom and dad and my parents allowed me to go with him." I said

"Ok, what happened next." She said.
"He lead me to his car and then we were off. On the way,  we started asking questions to each other and I told him about my past and my relationship with Kyle. At first he was shocked and surprised but he calmed down and he listened until I was finished. Then after the story telling, I was feeling a bit teary eyed because it brought back my memories with him, I felt a little sad. Then what Josh did is that he hugged me and calmed me down, he also told me that Kyle was not worth crying for and I am wasting tears for nothing. He told me he'd look after me and protect me, and that made me feel safe and comfortable around him. And also we agreed on a song and that title is "Thinking out loud by Ed Sheeran", we both picked this because it's easier to sing and play with an instrument and we also can both relate to the song. What he did was that, we didn't continue talking about the project instead he brought me to the park and that's where we mostly spent our time. He treated me ice cream and here's the catch, we bought like the same flavor of ice cream, then we just played and talked. Then two kids approached us, telling us if we are a couple and of course we answered no, the two kids left us, we started wandering around the park. I asked him about his conversation with the little girl we were talking to and he told me the most spine shivering thing." I continued.