Chapter 16

This is finally Chapter 16..... I finally updated my story...again.

Song of the chapter: Back at one by Brian McKnight
Song of the dance: Not a bad thing by Justing Timberlake

And the picture of what Kate wore to the dance is up there.....if you want to see it😆

Thank you for reading and just the author's note in the end of what will happen in the next chappie.......

Enjoy......
-------------------------
Kate's POV
I never thought tonight is the night of the high school dance.....after all the struggles I've been through and all the problems thrown at me, it all came down to this. And I never felt so happy, first I found the perfect dress for me....it a long blue dress with sequins as designs and I was kind of lucky because I saw it on the very first shop we went into and I never found a dress better than it. Second, this is going to be my last year as part of the student council and as a high school student, I'm going to miss the times where there are no classes, skip classes because we were excused to do some thing else and many more things that I can never do again in college but I know there are lots of things I can look forward to in the coming years of my life. And last but definitely not the least....I have the most handsome, caring, loving, smart partner in the whole world, and I would want to replay the part where he surprised me and asked me to be his date......and that's another problem I have or we have to face in the future, we still don't know if we're going to study in the same university and if not we have to work things out between us.....but I know we can make it work and make it through and prove that true love does exists among all of us.

Here I am in my room with my mom, she is my personal stylist for tonight, she did the make up, the hair and the rest was mine to deal with and I could say she really did make me look pretty tonight....I'm so lucky to have a super mom like her, she's always ready to help me whenever I need to whether it's about school, love and other stuffs.

I now look at my reflection, I never believed I can look this good but I still prefer my real beauty, the simple one....it's better if that's the case because people see the true me and I don't mind if they don't like me, because we can be whoever we want to be and others don't have any say with our life, it's our life.

"Sweetie, you look beautiful, I'm sure Josh will be head over heels for you again and again....now let's tidy things up and go downstairs and wait for your date." My mom said while fixing the cosmetics on the table when the doorbell rang and mom went downstairs to get it and that left me fixing here in my room.

"Kate, you're date is here." Mom said and I took one last look at the mirror and calmed myself and went down.

I was almost down and I could hear their conversation, not that I'm eavesdropping....

"Good evening Mr. And Mrs. Cruz, I came here to pick your daughter up." Josh said and I smiled at his answer.

"Dear, call us mom and dad....we will appreciate it more if you call us that." Mom said.....come on mom, isn't is too early to make him call you that? Never mind....then I started listening again.

"Make sure you bring her home before midnight and that's the latest I can offer you and you young man, make sure you never leave Kate out of your sight. And enjoy your night." Dad said to Josh and it made me even smile more.

"Yes sir, you can count on me.....ill always have my eyes on her the whole night." Josh said and I continued to go down the stairs.

I saw him in our living room flashing his smile that always made me melt.....and he looks even more handsome tonight. I went near him and greeted him.