03

*Eight Year Old Legolas* ^

Thrandil and Mevra^

"Uncle!" Anya whined as she jogged to catch up with him.
"Anya you are to marry the Prince of Mirkwood and that is final." Uncle finalized.

I grit my teeth in anger as I suppressed the need to stomp my foot. Why should I marry the Prince of Mirkwood?

"But Uncle, we have never even met before." I chided.

Uncle looked behind to see me stop in my tracks.

"That is why Thrandil and his wife is coming here with Legolas for you two to meet and discuss wedding plans."

I growled as I spun on my heel and stomped back to my room. How dare he! Uncle should know better that the king and queen of Mirkwood would never accept me to be their son's bride. Why should I even get married? Nether less to the prince of Mirkwood? I feel like this is going too fast! I am only eight and a half years of age! Galadriel isn't married, but everyone can see her complex relationship with Gandalf...
I shake my head and put my bow and arrows on my bed. I slip off my cloak and smooth out my dress. Uncle would kill me if I wore my trousers and shirt in front of the royals of Mirkwood. 

I take a deep breath and open my bedroom door. I softly close it and walk down the stairs and hallways to meet the guests. I go out onto a balcony to see a white elk and a brown horse walk past the gates. On the white elk is an elf with long blonde hair it's a crown made with leaves and branches. He slides off and holds out his arms to help the elleth and her child. She swats his arms away and slides down the elk by herself with her child in arms The elf frowns while the elleth gives the elf a cheeky grin. Those two must be the king and queen of Mirkwood. On the brown horse is an elf, a bodyguard of some sorts. The child is my age. He has blonde hair a little past his shoulders. A couple braids are scattered in his hair. He scowls as the queen picks some leaves out of his hair. I put my hand over my mouth to muffle my laugh. I wasn't quick enough as the prince looks towards me. I quickly duck behind a pillar to avoid being seen. I peek from behind the pillar to see the guests enter into the halls. I run down the last flight of stairs to see Uncle talking to the king. I silently walked next to Uncle and stood besides him.

"Is this her?" The queen asks as she moves in a slow circle around me. Uncle nods his head as she stops in front of me.
"What beautiful white hair. Oh Thrandil, she is going to be a wonderful bride for our son." The Queen chatted to her husband, forgetting that we can all hear her.
I blush as she continues to compliment me.
"Welcome, Queen of Mirkwood. It is an honor to be in your presence." I welcome quietly.
"Oh dear, please, call me Mevra. After all, I am going to be your mother in law." The Queen smiles.
I nod and smile back.
"I'm sorry I am late. I got a little lost." A new voice spoke.
I turned towards the new voice. He was cute. He had pale blond hair with  a little chubby face. 

"Legolas, this is Anya. Anya, this is my son Legolas," Mevra spoke.

"Hello, it is a pleasure to meet you Prince Legolas," I speak softly.

"Mother, I don't want to get married,"Legolas whines to Mevra.

I sigh as Legolas complains to his mother. I don't want to get married either.

"Legolas shush. Anya, can I speak to you alone dear?" Mevra asks.

I nod my head and walk to Uncle's study. I quietly shut to door as Mevra takes a seat.

"How old are you Anya?"

"I am eight your highness." 

"Child, you can just call me Mevra." She laughs. 

"You have such white hair, I feel like I have seen it before..." Mevra trails off.

"Is your mother's name Selphie?"

I gulp as Mevra stands and walks closer to my seat. 

"Yes" I whisper.

Mevra just smiles and sits next to me.

"You poor child. So much torture and heartbreak at such a young age."

I cry in my hands as Mevra pulls me into her warm embrace. 

"I'm guessing that you know my secret now. Why do you still want me to marry your son?"

"Because you are so strong my dear Anya, you just don't know it yet." Mevra laughs again and hugs me.