Chapter 10

******Layla*****

As I ran away from the crowd I breath a sigh of relief. I owed Colette one. Something nagged the edge of mind. The dress Colette wore want the dress she showed us. She probably accidently showed you the wrong dress,But she still looked beyond gorgeous. I told myself. But, blooming suspension continue to grow.

I was looking thinking to myself when a familiar interrupted my thoughts, " May I have this dance?" I turned to see a face voice with aqua blue eyes. I was so surprised, I jumped backward and fell.

"I am so sorry!" Prince Alistair exclaimed. He rushed over to help me.

"It is ok," I said getting up. "These day I been falling on my butt then all those years before combined." I joked. I looked up to see him smiling. There was an awkward silence the I quickly blurted, "I'm so sorry," and to my surprise,Alistair also blurted an apology. We both laughed.

"How about a dance then we can talk," He said with a flourish smile, "Come one! This is a good song."

*****Colette*****

Nearby my sister whirled around in her white dress with Prince Alister. However, I didn't even glance at her. All I could do was stare at the hands that were at my waist.

My blue dress brushed against my leg as Prince Daniel whirled and twirled me. Many girls and boys stared as we waltz around the room.

About, ⅓ of the song Daniel finally spoke.

"Helo. Glad I saved you from the boys. Or else you still might be getting chased." He teased.

I laughed nervously.

"Thanks for getting me into Royal Looks," I stammered " The clothes are amazing!"

He gave me a mischief smile.

"Yeah. Mrs.York's probably would kill me later on for letting in a non-royal. But... I really wanted you to look beautiful and like a queen."

My heart stopped. Did he really said I looked like a queen?! I most of the time was told that I looked like a princess But, a queen was regal and mature. I blushed a deep shade of red. He let out a chuckle. The entire afterwards we were silent. Finally, when it end and Daniel was ready to lead me into an another song Princess Eleonora rushed to her brother.

" I can't keep the girls occupied anymore! They are gonna dance with you if it's the last thing they do they say." she said out of breath. Daniel let out a huge sigh. Had he really put hundreds of girl on hold just for me? Giving an apologetic smile he walked away leaving my heart beating faster then Piper.

Eleonora studied me with interest. She wore a stylish pink gown that sparkled with a long white stash. Her ringlets of brown holded a sparkling diamond tiara. Her brown eyes (exactly like Daniel) drilled into mines.

"So... you're the girl that Big Bro Daniel likes huh." She said narrowing down her eyebrows." Well news flash. You're beautiful but, you're just another fangirl so... back off. I may be younger but I'm better then you can ever be!" she sneered. Laughing she disappeared into the crowd. I still standing there in shock. Did a 15 year old just really threatening me a second ago?What a ego...

*****Layla*****

"You're very beautiful, you know, " Alistair said. I smiled sadly. "But, is that enough to be a Beautiful?"

Alistair hesitate before saying, "You're different because you believe in something different and you have inner beauty," I smiled, " and you have an amazing smile," I laughed.

"I see that you are wearing sneakers to a royal ball. How fitting." I could see his lep in a stifled laugh.

"And I see that you are wearing a crown just to a ball. How fitting. "I said laughing, but then I realized that Daisy Darla was staring jealously at us.