Chapter 9

******Colette******

I was beginning to get worried. The way Layla looked... she was beautiful. At the ball I was looking forward on being the prettiest girl but... what about Layla. She couldn't take away my spotlight can she? I cleared my head. she was only looking "beautiful" today. Tomorrow she'll be fair Layla all over again. I let a big breath.

"Bye, guys!" I chirped. Uggg. Being all chirpy was making me sick. As I went to my room I snickered. The gown I was wearing was another gown I bought. The real one was in my room wanting to be... I screamed. A boy was in my room! He was opening a box in my room pulling something out.

I then realized it was my ET2 Lighting Spiral 7-Light Flush Mount.

"What are doing in my room," my voice quivered with anger.

The boy just stood up calmly and said, " I'm helping you. So why scream. You think I was stealing all your pink stuff?" he said in mockery. I was in shock. Who do the Decent think he was? The king? I forced myself not to attack him. Instead I just said calmly, " How rude. This my room and not yours. So sorry if I thought a poor pitiful average Decent would steal a Beautiful riches," I shot back. Then a moment passed then he bursted out laughing.

"Well, Madam. Sorry and just go change and by then I'll be finished," he chuckled. As I stormed past the boy and into my bathroom I began to change and take a shower. It was strange to me a boy was in my room but, the cool water made me forget. By the time I had curled my hair again and was finished and putted in the side the boy was gone.

******Layla*****

You can do this! I told myself. I'm only going to a ball. With a prince! "Shut up!" I told my stupid yet, smart brain. What would the prince say when he sees you wear sneakers? I blushed. I had changed those uncomfortable heel for a pair sneakers and I was already regretting it.

"Are you talking to yourself?" A familiar voice say. I turned around to see Mistress Rosemary.
"Yes. It just that I'm nervous for the ba-" I was saying until she interrupted me.

"A REAL Beautiful would have walked in like she owned the world, not cowering behind the doors," She sneered, "your sister may be a Beautiful, but you will NEVER be a Beautiful. Only a Fair in my eyes and the rest of the world. Enjoy your stay, while it last" and she walked away.
I had never been so terrified of a woman before until now. I shook away her words, but in my heart I knew she was right. Forget Layla, call me The Fair girl instead. Just then Melody arrived.

"Layla! You shouldn't have wait for me!" Melody sighed. "You should be in their partying! After all the ball is for us new Beauti-" she stopped when saw my tears.

"Layla, dear what wrong?" she said cradling my head. Just then all my tears of worry and sadness came out.

"Me-el-el-ody, I-I-I just think I am not fit to be a Beautiful. Everything here belonged to another person,"

Melody murmured. "I'm going to personally ask the royalties why you were chosen,if it makes you feel better. I wanted you as friend because you're different. I just know it." I sighed. I didn't deserve Melody as a friend. "Now dry those pretty little tears and get ready to SHINE!" I smiled. After a few minutes I told her I was ready and she escort me through the grand oak doors. Classical music played as I descended the stair, I felt eyes staring at me. Why? I know that I was dressed nicely, but nothing prepared me for this.

"Hello my lady, would you like a dance?" a Handsome asked.

"Thank you, but no," I said shyly.

"Would you like to dance?" another guy ask.

""Thank you, but no," I said once again.

Soon I was swarmed by guys. Then I heard a voice calling for me. Colette! My savior!

*****Colette*****

As I went down the steps I swore everybody's eyes were on me. I glanced around the room looking for Daniel. To my disappointment I couldn't find him. As I whirled around the room looking for Daniel I heard a help! Then I saw Layla. She was surrounded by 6 boys asking her for a dance. Rolling my eyes I called Layla. Then I pushed through until I was next to Layla.

"Go. I'll distract them," I whispered into Layla. Shoving her I let out a loud sigh. All the boys and more turned to me.

"Madam, what's wrong?" asked a boy closest to me.

"Well... I'm embarrassed to say so... but...nobody asked me to dance, yet." I said loudly trying to sound embarrassed.

Of course this was a lie. 500 boys already asked me dance already but, they didn't know.

"Well...um...I am asking you to dance," he stammered. Giggling I kissed him on the cheek.

As he stumbled looking dazzled I faced the handsome faces that were shoving to get close to me. Requests for a dance came rushing like waves. Many boys tried to grab me but, they were always pushed back. As they clammer all for me I saw Layla rushing off.

The crowd however didn't letted me escape ,too .They kept approaching. The more no's I said more appeared. Maybe my plan had worked TOO well. Then, there was silence. I wondered then I saw Prince Daniel. He wore a black tuxedo and a silver tie. His black hair gleamed and his brown eyes sparkled. All the girls sighed including me as Daniel stepped down. The other Royalties followed but, my eyes were at the boy that was approaching. The crowd parted as he swept his eyes. Then his eyes found mines.

"May I have a dance Miss Mason," he said in his melodic voice.

"Yes," I said breathless as he wrapped his graceful arms around my waist despite the angry looks from the boys whirling me away onto the floor as the music began.