one

A/N: So this is my next story that I'm going to be working on, and it's based off of the movie, The Purge. Even though it's based off it, I'm still having my own little plot twists here and there.(:

If you like action / mystery and Niall Horan, I guarantee you'll love this story. The first chapter is slightly boring, so bare with me x

Julissa

"Julissa, can you come down here for a moment please?"

I groaned and forced myself to pull out of the intense kiss that I was having with Tyler so that I could answer my mother.

"I'm busy!" I called back breathlessly, instantly connecting my lips back to Tyler's and tangling my fingers back in his dark blonde hair.

He chuckled into the kiss and moved his hands to my hips, bringing my body closer to his.

"Well whatever it is that you're doing can wait five minutes!" she called back, this time more demanding than before.

God, why does she always have to ruin everything?

I pulled back once more and sighed agitatedly, while trying not to moan at the same time, as Tyler started to suck lightly on my neck. "I'll be there in a minute!"

Tyler started to suck a little harder, and I couldn't suppress the moan this time. He smirked and stopped, bringing his face just centimeters away from my own.

"Did you know that I love you?" he murmured, his warm breath hitting my skin and his brown eyes staring into my hazel ones.

I couldn't help but smile, the heat immediately rushing up to my cheeks. "I love you too, Tyler."

He grinned, placing a gentle kiss to my forehead.

"I wish we didn't have to sneak around like this," I blurted suddenly, my thoughts speaking for me. "I don't get why my dad can't just understand how we feel about each other."

He sighed, stroking my cheek with his thumb. "I don't know why either, Jules. It's probably just because I'm a few years older than you, so he thinks I'm bad for you or something-"

"But you're not."

"I know, babe. He'll understand soon though, okay?"

I nodded, believing him. "Alright. But how do you know?"

There was a dark tint in his eyes that I had never seen before, but it vanished before I could think anything of it. "I just do."

"Julissa Lynn, what is taking you so long?" my mother shouted once more. "Don't make me go up there!"

"Crap," I muttered under my breath, untangling myself from Tyler and standing up, pulling him up with me.

I took his hand and lead him outside to my balcony, where he would sneak in and out when he would come see me. He walked over to the edge and swung over, waiting for me to speak up.

"Be careful tonight, okay? I don't want you to get hurt," I said earnestly, looking him directly in the eyes.

"Don't worry, I will. I'm going to be fine," he reassured me, leaning in for a goodbye kiss. "The Purge is the same every year, and every year my family does the same thing. We'll be okay."

"Okay," I breathed, his words calming me slightly. "Bye."

We kissed one last time before he climbed down and out of sight.

Just as he disappeared my mother burst open the door to my balcony, annoyed and angry.

"Julissa, what are you doing? I told you to come downstairs over five minutes ago. Why didn't you come down when I asked you to?" she commanded.

"I'm sorry mom, I just got sidetracked," I apologized.

She didn't believe me but let it slide, not in the mood to start an argument. "Alright, well I need you to come and help me with dinner. Your father is busy making sure that the security system is working perfectly and your sister is still too young to help."

"Fine."

*

After we had eaten dinner it was already almost six-thirty, and the Purge would start at seven.

My entire family and I sat in the security room, which had the cameras and buttons for the security system that my father had gotten specially for this event.

In all honesty, I hate the Purge. It's disturbing and to me, does nothing good for our country. It just teaches people to be murderers and kill for stupid reasons. If it was up to me, this special day of the year wouldn't even exist.

"Are you kiddos ready? It's about to start soon," my father said enthusiastically, trying to brighten the mood of the room.

"Why don't you guys kill someone tonight?" my younger sister, Maddie, asked mom and dad out of curiosity.

My parents looked at each other, silently asking each other how to answer that question to a eight year old.

"Because we don't feel the need to, Maddie," dad finally answered after a moment.

"Why not?" she continued.

"That's enough, sweetie," mom cut her off quietly.

Before anyone could say anything else, our television flashed blue, and the newscaster announced the Purge. He stated the rules and how long it would last, and then the television went back to normal. I took a deep breath, and seconds later the sirens went off, signaling the beginning of the event. They stopped after a minute, and all of us became silent.

The Purge had begun.