8

"Camz, come on!" the green-eyed girl laughed. "You've got to get some sleep." She lectured as the younger brunette tore open yet another envelope.

"Please, Lo, just one more." The younger girl begged, removing the fan mail inside.

"Ugh, fine." The older girl rolled her eyes. "But this is it. And then we're going to bed." She stifled a yawn, tossing the remainder of the letters into a box on the floor that was sitting by the foot of her bed. Camila nodded and watched as the brunette crossed the carpet over to the bathroom, letting the door click shut.

As she scanned the few sheets of paper, she felt tears well up in her eyes. The young Latina was so engrossed in the letter that she didn't even noticing the shower water had stopped running and Lauren was now kneeling beside her in only a white hotel towel.

"Camz?" her husky voice asked gently. The sudden noise caused the younger girl to jump, wiping the tears off her face with the back of her hand.

"Read it." She said, holding out the thin pages for the older girl.

"Camz, you can't believe what these people write." The green-eyed girl said, her tender voice hushed, laced with sympathy.

"No, it's not hate mail." She clarified. The older girl sighed, taking the sheets from her tan hands and sitting next to her on the bed.

Camila watched as her sparkling green eyes moved back and forth across the page, a smile progressively growing on her face. When she had finished reading, the older girl locked eyes with her.

"Can you really blame them?" She mused. "You're amazing, Camz."

"I just never thought.. I just still can't believe people think so highly of me. I'm just a goofy theater kid from Miami. Nothing special."

"Hey," The hipster cut off. "That's not true. You're funny and smart and really cute. You're humble and caring and beautiful on every level. You are selfless and kind. What the fans get to see is only one percent of just how incredible you are. I'm saying this because I get to see you all the time and have had the honor of watching you grow. You are just perfect, Camila Cabello. Absolutely perfect."

The younger girl's heart fluttered at the words.

"Bésame." She breathed, taking the letter from the older girl's slender fingers and setting it aside. Her hands reached to tangle into the girl's wet locks, nails gripping at the nape of her neck lightly as their lips connected.

Lauren let out a moan, falling back into the bed as the younger Latina climbed atop of her, kissing her way down the milky skin of her jawline.

"Camila" the green-eyed girl panted, running her hands down the younger girl's back causing her to arch into her.

"Camila." She whimpered again, more desperately this time.

"Oh God, Camila." she could hear it. Her eyes fluttered open to meet a pair of very concerned brown eyes.

"Ari?" She gasped, trying to sit up but found that her body refused to cooperate, the room spinning.

"Mila!" The older woman sighed in relief. "Come here. I'm taking you to the hospital." She said with finality. Camila didn't argue and allowed her wife to assist her to her feet as they carefully made their way down the stairs and out the front door.

Ariana helped her climb into the SUV, leaning over her waist to help buckle her into her seat. That was when Camila noticed that her cheeks were tear-stained, eyes dull and tired. The Latina did the only thing she knew how to do, she reached over and grabbed the Italian's hand who hesitantly retracted it from the now situated seat buckle, her brown-eyes meeting hers.