Chapter 26 - The Tracks

Start bij het begin

"Fück, you're killing me Willow." Slate said his voice husky, as he placed his palm possessively on the back of my head. I got on my tippy toes, knowing that I had to be the one to initiate the kiss since just two days ago I had stupidly said we weren't going to kiss anymore. Clearly I had only been fooling myself if I actually thought that was going to happen.

"What the...?" Slate trailed off as he began patting the back of my head. I winced as his hand touched the part of my head that had roughly smashed into a brick wall just thirty minutes ago and like usual Slate noticed my not-so-discrete reaction and instantly I saw his blue eyes darken a couple shades.

"I'm going to kill that motherfùcker." Slate said, his usually velvety voice coming out harsh and chilling. The murderous look on his face was enough to tell me that I had to do something before Slate hunted down West and a full fledged fight broke out. He started to walk away from me and to the random passerby he may have looked composed, but that was just typical Slate. I'm sure he would still manage to look relaxed and at ease even if he was trying to escape a swarm of angry bees.

I took a couple steps forward and grabbed his hand before he could go any farther. "I fell and hit my head by accident, it's also not a big deal." I managed to say, but my lack of preparedness sure as hell didn't help sell the lie.

"Willow," Slate gritted out between clenched "Let. Go."

"No." I replied sassily, and finally he turned his whole body back towards me. His eyes were narrowed at me and his jaw was clenched but quite honestly, Slate couldn't scare me even if he wanted to. Not since I saw him and Christian freaking out like little babies when I introduced them to Rolex for the first time...

"What'd you say?" He asked in that same clipped tone as he took a threatening step closer to me.

"I said no. Do you need me to spell it out for you? N-O." I said, taking a step towards him too. He's not the only one who can be threatening.

"Are you trying to intimidate me?" Slate asked, suddenly struggling to suppress an amused smile. I frowned up at him. So much for me being threatening...

"You're cute when you try and look menacing." Slate teased as a smirk made it's way to his addictive lips. I felt my cheeks heat up at his words.

"I'm always cute." I said jokingly in reply, but what surprised me most was when Slate grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"True." He replied in that smooth and smokey voice that always managed to make me feel tipsy without so much as a sip of alcohol. The cool and relaxing 'I have no cares in the world' smirk was ever-present on his lips as his face approached mine and before I knew it his lips were possessively claiming mine.

His lips were soft and I found myself becoming light headed as he grabbed my face between his large hands to give him more control over the kiss. I hadn't realized how much I missed the taste of him until his tongue was battling with mine and I felt like I was going to collapse to the ground any second. The familiar and addictive taste of cinnamon and smoke was so consuming that all my other senses dulled.

Then touch took over, his hard body pressed up against mine was making my hormones go wild and I knew for a fact that if we weren't in a public area this make out session would've ended drastically different.

But unfortunately nothing ever goes as planned so when Rage's grating voice sounded from behind me and broke me out of my haze of euphoria I wasn't the least bit surprised. Disappointed yes, but not surprised.

"Well if it isn't the beauty and the bîtch." I felt Slate's hand that was cupping my jaw tighten and he pressed one last chased kiss on my lips before pulling away. I watched his eyes narrow and his jaw clench as his gaze landed on something over my head. Something that I could only assume goes by the name of Rage. Slate wrapped his arm loosely around the back of my neck and pulled me into his chest protectively.