Chapter 11: The Truth About Haji?

Start from the beginning

Ryuga crosses his legs and sighs.

"Unfortunately i'm not allowed to leave this alter until all the surviving fighters make it here. If I do then all the Caravala on the field will rush here."

"Buy why?"

"You feel that calming energy washing over you?"

Michean and I nod slowly.

"That's my power here at this shrine. It's slowly healing your wounds."

Michean pulls up his shirt and observes the spot where the large cut is. Not only has the cut disappeared but so had the blood.

"Whoa."

"Try moving your right arm, kid."

I stare at my Caravala arm for a moment and strain to lift it upwards. It surprisingly rises with ease but when I try to do the same to my left, I flinch because of the discomfort.

"It takes time to heal, kid. Don't rush the process."

Michean stands up suddenly, pulling out his sword and wobbling towards the shrine entrance.

"Where are you going?"

"I have to see if Annicia and them are alright."

Ryuga vanishes from in front of me with a shimmer of golden light. I stare at the spot he was at in awe.

"You aren't going anywhere, Michean."

Michean glances back at where I am sitting and then back at Ryuga.

"How did you do that?"

"There are many things that I can do with my power. One of those things is monitoring the positions of the fighters on the field. My vision stretches far, even so that I can predict people's movements," he says, "All three of your friends are alright for now."

"For now? Wait, we have four friends!"

Ryuga pushes Michean down into the grass and appears back in his original spot. He closes his eyes and begins mumbling a strange language beneath his breath.

"There seems to be some sort of destructive power outside my alter. Your friend, "Haji," seems to be facing off with three of your other friends."

"But...that can't be. Haji's our friend!"

Michean tries to scramble up again but Ryuga grabs his shoulder.

"There's nothing you can do. If he was sent by the Alcalde then your friends will be in great danger but I think that the beautiful violet haired girl has it all handled."

"Beautiful violet hair... Wait! Are you talking about Karvella?"

Ryuga smiles distractedly.

"She's got a nice chest too!"

"Hey, lecher! Stop looking at Karvella like that!"

Michean frowns uncertainly but stays seated, knowing that Ryuga won't let him go anywhere. Ryuga stops looking at Karvella through his sight and gives me a strangely gentle look.

"Big breasts aside, she's strong and that alone will help them win."

I blush, "Stop it, pervert! I know she's strong! She's the strongest girl i've ever met..."

"Aww what cute puppy love."

"Shuddup, idiot!"

Michean grits his teeth.

"If you two are going to sit around arguing about how big and strong Karvella's breasts are then i'd rather be out their fighting with them!"

Ryuga and I both blush.