9 | Ninth Memorandum

No matter how much anyone tries to understand Dazai Osamu, there are just some aspects of him that remain in the dark.

The brightness was the perception elicited by the luminance of the fresh morning. The sun kept getting brighter as time slowly passed by. The very youth of the morning was meant to exchange people's sweet time for strength and vitality. It should've been a perfect morning in the Agency when no one was in serious danger and the place didn't receive death threats. None of those occurred, but pandemonium broke out due to a particular member not showing up to work on time. The building was the current place of righteous uproar and utter chaos. It may have been the youth of the morning, but it was also the youth of rage.

"That bandage-wasting device!" Kunikida exasperatedly erupted.

Many wondered what Dazai had done this time to infuriate the diligent man. He didn't show up at the Agency like he was supposed to, nor did [Name] see him when she woke up. Predictively enough, Dazai's disappearance was the main reason for Kunikida's frustration. He believed slackers would only taint the reputation of the Agency, which was ironic since Dazai never bothered to do his work.

[Name] and the rest of the members could only watch Kunikida's tantrums, knowing that there was nothing they could do to calm him down. [Name] wasn't worried about Dazai's safety or anything like that, but she was curious what he could've been doing that caused him to skip work. She pondered for awhile until the sound of her cell phone eventually snapped her out of her thoughts. When her hand grabbed the cell phone out of her pocket, her eyebrow quirked at the caller ID.

"Where are you?" She harshly muttered once she answered the call. The voice on the other line was absolutely thrilled that she picked up her cell phone.

"Ah, what a relief! I was afraid you wouldn't answer," Dazai fervently said. [Name] quickly noticed his strained voice and for once, she actually felt a bit worried. She thought the connection was simply bad, but that possibility seemed unlikely.

"You sound weird. Is something wrong?" She questioned with an intentionally soft tone.

"Oh, about that," Dazai began before he paused. Though he only let out a few words, [Name] could tell his ability to speak worsened. Though his voice sounded that concerning, he still retained his bubbly behavior, which immensely confused her. The long pause made her worried, now demanding a serious answer from his mouth.

"I'm dying," Dazai plainly responded. The bluntness in his tone honestly disturbed her.

"And why are you calling me?" A displeased frown appeared on her facial features, her worries replaced with irritation. He was lucky that she didn't decide to inform Kunikida what really happened to him since he would receive a fate worse than death.

"I'm in pain, and I believe I'll pass out soon. Would you be so kind as to help me?"

[Name] rubbed the temple of her head as she heaved a sigh. Why did this man's eccentric tendencies become so sickeningly familiar to her? "Fine, give me the directions," she groaned.

It had taken her a moment to process all of the information, and for her mind to cycle through all the possibilities as to why Dazai wanted her to help him. Of course, Atsushi would've been a better choice than her since he was just too polite for his own good. Then again, [Name] thought helping Dazai would be more tolerable than listening to Kunikida's turbulent yelling any longer. Fresh air was all she could ever ask for, especially on a day that held no importance.