4 | Fourth Memorandum

No one should put their trust in Dazai Osamu.

Very few could pressure themselves to overlook their near-death experience. Dazai was able to transfer [Name]'s crippling body to Yosano's supervision on time, and her ability healed the external wounds inflicted to the woman's throat. Yosano managed to save her physical body from further detachment, but it wasn't clear if she could save her mental state. Though her injuries healed in a day, she had to be monitored by the prideful and sadistic doctor for the past few weeks.

The side effects from the pills and her impending death clouded her mind. There was no feeling of levitation, total serenity, security, absolute dissolution, or a tunnel of light. It was enduring endless agonies that she couldn't terminate. Paranoia infused her as she held onto the doctor's puffy sleeves, pleading for any sign of understatement.

"[Name], I've witnessed many people in my past become hysteric from continuously experiencing death. You're no different, but their wounds came from those who had the intent to kill. Trust me when I say this and know that Dazai wouldn't purposely put you in harm's way," Yosano assured the young female. She didn't know how to process that information, but it helped her stay up for a couple of nights just thinking about it.

Although [Name] was capable of moderately recovering from her manic state and began working once again, she noticed some members of the Agency being oddly considerate around her. They acted like any loud noise could startle her to the point her body would collapse like a vulnerable toy one day. She was sick and tired of it because unwanted concern meant pleading for her life like a fool.

Dazai was a persistent man, that she knew all too well. She didn't expect him to distance himself out of guilt since that wasn't the type of person he was. It would take a lot to make the elusive Dazai Osamu guilty if that were even possible. Expectedly, he acted as if his knowledge of that dreadful night meant nothing. [Name] tried to convince herself that he was a hateful person, that barely saving her was unforgivable, that actually forgiving him was a joke.

She couldn't get away from him. The more he tried to get close to her, she realized that he was either trying to gain something from their interactions or teach her something. He maintained his comical behavior, but she wasn't an idiot to not notice that his actions had a purpose. How was it possible for a single person to alter their personality so easily?

The two members of the Agency scurried throughout the building like ferocious animals. While Dazai continued to chase her with eagerness glistening in his eyes, [Name] had enough of his nonsense. Grabbing the nearest weapon, which just so happened to be his Complete Guide to Suicide book, she brutally hurled it at his face.

"Why won't you leave me alone?!" She shouted. Her frustration slightly diminished when he harshly fell down on his back, but that feeling resurfaced when he had enough strength to give her a shaky thumbs up.

"That was perfect! A single hit aimed at the enemy's fatal point must be ruthlessly delivered," he praised with a groggy voice.

Now, his second attempt for the day.

[Name] walked down the stairs to get a couple of documents printed in another room. The hallway that she walked through was vacant, allowing her to think that she was alone. Much to her unawareness, the man cleverly followed her from behind. His footsteps amazingly matched hers, making his presence hidden from her.