6 | Sixth Memorandum

Dazai Osamu's confidence has no benefits whatsoever.

The refreshing current of the air rippled the surface of the sparkling water. Inhaling the wet soil, and grass from afar was considerably better than staying in a cramped apartment. A small number of citizens passed by the restful scenery, allowing her to clear her mind without any interruptions. Indeed, this was far better than staying in that apartment all alone. It would've probably caused her to turn insane from her undying boredom.

It was the weekend and the day was slowly ending due to the sun setting. [Name] chose to walk around the city for a bit. It was fair for her to do so, since Dazai was prancing around somewhere doing whatever made him pleased. An aqueduct caught her vision, resulting her to get a closer look from the railing. She guessed that she remained in that spot for a good twenty minutes.

What made [Name]'s talkative side come out was the eventual sight of the brunette that had invaded her view. She glanced from the railing and just watched Dazai view the calm water. She didn't know how long he stood there, but it was certain that he didn't notice her presence since it appeared that he was pondering about something. It was a rare sight to not see Dazai's lips curve upwards and strangely enough, she didn't like it. Much to her dislike, he was just too incomprehensible.

"I was wondering where you were, Dazai!" [Name] shouted, obviously earning his attention as he searched for her figure. A tiny smile instantly revealed itself as his hand made a gesture for her to get closer to him.

Her head nodded at his indication and swiftly walked down the concrete stairs. When she was nearly in front of him, her pace slowed down and peculiarly asked, "What are you doing here?"

"I was just admiring this beautiful view," he coolly answered. Dazai had the option to explain that this aqueduct was the exact place he met the young man-tiger, but he decided not to. He knew all too well that [Name] would've asked more questions regarding Atsushi if he added more words to his answer.

"It's always been beautiful," she said with a hint of amazement in her tone. It was pretty rare for Dazai to normally reply to her. Whenever she asked him something or decided to begin a conversation with him, their discussions would commonly leave her irritated in the end.

"Oh, how wonderful it would be to commit lovers' suicide at a place like this." Dazai placed a hand on his cheek as he exhibited a delighted expression.

[Name] felt her eye twitch and her tongue throbbing from biting herself in frustration. There was no way he would think about anything else but double suicide ever since he met that blonde-haired woman from the Port Mafia. She really did speak too soon.

"Good luck finding a dumbass that's willing to die with you," [Name] snapped as she crossed her arms over her chest. She found it difficult to recall a time where Dazai didn't have a red handprint on his cheek at the end of the day. It was a fact that he was a handsome man with intense eyes contrasting against darkened lashes. It was a shame that his puzzling obsession with suicide was what drove many women away.

He found it unnecessary to begin a committed relationship with any woman who gave him attention. Completely disregarding one and moving on to the other would normally be a daily routine for him within the past couple of years. It would satisfy both ends of the spectrum. He would look into the eyes of a random woman looking for lustful affection, but then he would catch himself remembering the one woman he couldn't look away from even within his memories.