6 | Sixth Memorandum

Start from the beginning

He couldn't stop visualizing how relaxing her intoxicating touch was. He couldn't stop visualizing how her eyes looked at him as if she were waiting for him to just sweep her off her feet. He couldn't stop visualizing her being alone in that small apartment of his as she waited for him to return home safe.

[Name] muttered, "You never get the girl anyway."

Mahogany painted hues wandered to her appearance, amusement overtook his features the second she muttered those words. "Is that a challenge, my dear?"

[Name] could only scoff as an answer and look away from Dazai. She analyzed the tranquilizing area she was in out of her own curiosity. It was then she noticed a boy and girl not too far from them, who didn't seem to be older than ten-years-old.

Tightly wrapped around the girl's hands, it looked like she held a brown instant camera. The younger boy watched her snap photos of the aqueduct as he carefully held onto a pile of photos. Watching those two children impressed [Name], but it was a very limited sight. It was just a miracle that not everyone was addicted to popular electronics.

Dazai eyed the woman next to him and he shortly followed her gaze at the two children. Although [Name] didn't realize it, a look of tenderness was visible on her face. The sight of her affectionately watching those kids made Dazai bitterly remind himself of a particular person, an old friend to be precise. Then again, it shouldn't really matter.

Odasaku was already reunited with his five adopted children.

After a few minutes, [Name] decided to bring her attention back to Dazai, but confusion quickly overwhelmed her. He mysteriously vanished from her side, causing her to call out his name a couple of times. When she frantically searched the whole area, she eventually found him beginning a normal conversation with the two children.

"Dazai?!" She panicked, marching her way to stop him from whatever he was intending to do. [Name] didn't want Dazai to look like a pedophile if a random citizen were to pass by. At least she was generous enough to actually want to protect his pride.

However, no matter how much she tried to humorously pull on his arm, he wouldn't budge. Dazai ignored her protests and continued talking to the baffled children. "This young lady would like to chat with you," he exclaimed with ease.

"What do you think you're doing?" [Name] harshly whispered, hoping her anger wouldn't be frightening to them. Dazai appeared to be untroubled by her panicked state since he provided her a smile filled with confidence. The nerve this man had really did piss her off.

"Helping," he responded.

She let out a long sigh to release her irritation and rubbed her arm to somehow soothe herself. Glancing at the children in front of her, she bent down a bit to seem less intimidating to them. With an unsure expression, she skeptically greeted, "Uh, hi there."

"Hello," the girl quietly greeted as the boy nervously shifted his posture. [Name] noted how similar their characteristics were. They both had black tresses, black irises, and the same pale complexion. Someone would have to be an idiot to not realize they were siblings.

"You two must like photography, huh?" [Name] gave the children a smile, which gave them a sense of sincerity. The siblings looked at each other, unsure whether or not they should continue talking to a complete stranger. Yet, when the young boy glanced at the brunette who stood behind the woman, the man's reassuring smile calmed the boy.