Nightmare And Promises

Dan’s POV

I had to stay in this hospital for a while, I apparently broke a bone in my ribcage. Phil had been the sweetest person ever. He read me books, brought me food, stayed with me nightly. I was honestly worried about him. Phil was never liked this unless he was worried, and I mean if he was completely worried. Sure Phil was sweet and caring all the time but I don’t know he just seemed, different. Something was wrong. Phil came in; he went to go get some water.

“How are you feeling?” Phil asked me this daily. I guess he was just worried I was hurt. I don’t blame him. If he was taken away for 5 months by his father who rapes him every night, I would be scared too.

“I’m getting better. When can I go home?”

“Depending on the amount of progress you’re making, but I think it is best if you stay until your rib cage heals. Or at least when it gets better.” I feel like he’s over reacting. Don’t get me wrong I love it when he’s protective, it makes me feel loved and wanted, but I don’t want him to worry

“Phil, I’m going to ask you a question and I want you to answer me honestly. Okay?” He nodded.

“Are you okay?” Phil seemed to freeze at that. There was definitely something wrong. A silence overcame us until Phil bursts into tears.

“I’m s-s-sorry” Phil managed to stutter through his sobs. I hated seeing Phil cry, especially when there was nothing I could do about it.

“Calm down okay baby?” I pulled him in and he cried into my shoulder with his hands on my chest. My side hurt cause of the broken bone, but that doesn’t matter right now. What matters is that Phil is unhappy. “What’s wrong?” I asked him quietly. I was drawing circles into his back, it always calms him down.

“I’ve been having th-th-these n-n-night mares and he escaped and you and he” I understood him, even if they weren’t real sentences.

“Shh, he’s not going to get me. Only two people have ever been able to break out of that prison and I’m pretty sure that egg head is not going to be able to escape.” Phil seemed like he was calming down.

“Promise me please?” He stared up at me with wide eyes; he looked like a lost child. It was saddening.

“I promise.” I wiped his tears away with my thumb cupping his cheek with my hands before leaning in and kissing him. It was probably the best kiss I’ve ever had with anyone. Phil’s soft lips were still wet from the tears, the kiss was filled with love and passion, and it was like Phil telling me how much he missed me. This kiss was the most love I’ve ever gotten from anyone. He was an amazing kisser. I pulled away since the need for oxygen pried us apart. Phil rests his head in my left hand while I stroked the side of his neck with my fingers. I hiss his forehead.

“Have you been sleeping?” Phil seems to be drifting off already.

“Only a little bit. I can’t sleep with the nightmares.” Oh Phil. He was so sweet it hurt.

“Go to bed.”

“Will you promise me to be here when I wake up?”

“Yes. Now go to sleep” I pressed my lips to his mop of black hair. Phil got up and sat on the visitors couch.

“Come here” I pat the space next to me. Phil got up and rests his head on the side of my good side of my chest. I smiled at him and wrap my arms around him. Soon later Phil fell asleep in my arms and I began to drift off as well.

It was only a few weeks later that I got to go home, it was only when I saw the wall of fan art had I realize I had been inactive for the last 5 months. Shit. I’m pretty sure Phil didn’t do anything either. The phandom must be freaking out right now.