Chapter 48

I sent Angel, Nudge and Dylan down to the local stores to buy backpacks to hold supplies and also to buy things like food, weapons and first aid stuff. Gazzy and Fang were securing our apartment, and seeing what other useful things they could find, and I stood watching Iggy cooking some food for the trip.

"We can't just eat canned food." he said, cooking the spaghetti.

"Cook cookies then." I argued.

"No, Max. We need filling food with energy to keep us going." he replied. I handed him the pepper, and salt, and watched him sprinkle it into the gooey mixture. A mouth watering smell filled my nose.

"Can we just eat this now?" I asked him, leaning my arms against the counter top.

"You're acting like Gazzy." Iggy stated. I rolled my eyes.

"Talking about me?" Gazzy suddenly entered the kitchen, followed by Fang, who placed a plastic bag on the countertop next to me. He moved behind me, and wrapped his arms around me. I felt his waist against my back, as he held me tightly. Gazzy grabbed a spoon and went to dip It into the mince meat and noodle mix, until Iggy plucked the spoon out of his grasp, and hit Gazzy lightly on the back of his head.

"You want to go hungry on the trip?" Iggy asked, angrily. I felt Fang chuckled, until Iggy turned and glared us too.

"Leave the kitchen, now." Iggy said, pointing to the doorway. I put a hand over my lips to stop the escaping laugh. I sat on the lounge, surrounded by the wafting smell, when suddenly Angel and Dylan walked in.

"Seven backpack's, a couple extremely large knives, heaps-" Angel rambled.

"How on earth did you buy knives that big?" Fang asked, looking at the sharp looking knives.

"Angel used her mind powers." Dylan added.

"Anyway, heaps of canned food, matches, plastic bags because why not and a few sugary things to keep our sugar levels soaring." Nudge said. I nodded. Iggy had finished cooking all the food and set out almost a million containers filled with hot food.

"Good." I split all the supplies equally between all of us, ensuring that Dylan did not have a knife.

Just being safe.

After we packed those stuff, everyone went to their rooms and packed clothes, and soon seven full backpacks were sitting ready in the lounge room.

"We leave in half an hour." I decided. Everyone went to their bedrooms, probably to have a quick nap before the long flight.

I headed into Fang and I's bedroom, to see him on the balcony. I walked up next to him and copied his position, leaning on the railings. Fang gave me a sideways glance.

"We're going to get her." he said. I nodded.

"I know. No one will stop us." I added. He nodded, and turned to me, his arms open. I gladly walked up, resting my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around mine, as we stared out at the cloudy city. The wind against us made me feel invincible, and free. It was a nice feeling.

"Any chance we can make out?" Fang asked, out of the blue. He looked down at me, biting his lip, scanning my face for a reaction.

"Fang?" I exclaimed, surprised.

"What?" he blushed slightly.

"It's not like we'll have any privacy later to do it later." he added. I smirked at my silly boyfriend.

"Stop looking at me like that! Can we make out now?" he asked. I shook my head. He frowned. He turned me around gently so I was facing him.

"No?" he asked me.

"No." I confirmed.

"But you love me this much!" he said, opening his arms.

"No." I said, frowning. He raised an eyebrow at me. He suddenly lent in, pushing me gently against the railings, and his lips met mine. I had nowhere to go. He had me trapped.

I was totally teasing him, and he knew it. He didn't like it either.

I didn't react to his kiss, until he began moving his hands up and down my body, feeling every curve. It felt so good. I moved my lips against his, and I felt his smile against my lips.

He thinks he's won.

I entangled my fingers in his hair, which I knew he loved. He trembled under my touch. I pushed him gently so he backed up against the glass door. I suddenly broke away, and quickly walked back into our room. I looked back to see him leaning against the railing, his head in his hands.

"Max." he groaned, clearly annoyed at me. I smirked at him, and quickly left the room.

"Come on guys! We're leaving." I yelled.